TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of what I could get for a summer car to drive to work everyday. Something that nobody has and gets good gas mileage. I am thinking that maybe a t/c 87-88. But do these things really get 28 mpg on the highway (5 spd.)? Are they decent on maintenance or would I fix it on a weekly basis. I know that all depends on how it was maintained before. I like the idea of a t/c for a "beater" that is not so much a beater. Anything I should look at before I buy one? thank you for anything.:rofl:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well,I don't really know about 28mpg with a 5-speed,but I have a three speed automatic,and i couldn't get over 18mpg.But,of course,no overdrive,and I usually wasn't driving very easy.For maintainance,I don't really have any problems.Ihad to replace a bad thermostat and clean the EGR,but other than that,just normal maintainance.To me,the Turbo Coupes are a blast to drive.It handles better than my 95 4.6,and it has more "luxury" items in the interior.If you get a chance to buy one,especially a five-speed,jump on it.:D I doubt you'll regret it!:)

·
Banned
538 Posts
As long as you dont fool with it too much its a reliable daily driver as with any car. Start turnin up the boost and throwing bigger turbos on it and it can become a pain in the *** if not tuned right. RICH IS GOOD, LEAN IS VERY BAD.

I got 33 mpg out of my old TC when i swapped the 5 speed in it.

If you get an automatic. dont mod it with having an 5 speed swap ready

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts