TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
1996 Cougar 4.6
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im lookin for some aftermarket exhaust manifolds. Anything that isn't straight up broken basically.

SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
Are you looking for Headers OR exhaust manifolds. I have stock original exhaust manifolds available. Headers are a different story.

Registered
1996 Cougar 4.6
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry looking for headers i guess. figured i would ask here before buying new ones

If you can give me a good bit of time I can modify a set of mustang LTs for you.
i was thinking about modifying my own set potentially. was gonna give it a shot with basically the cheapest stainless longtubes i could find for the mustang.

Registered
If you can give me a good bit of time I can modify a set of mustang LTs for you.
Wile E,

Do your capabilities allow you to comfortably quote a 95 Cougar with a 97 Mark VIII engine swap?

A set of Kooks 3/4 is 869.00 plus 50.00 min for collectors with PPD and Add freight FOB Kooks and some creative freight recovery is easily over 1000.00.

My car is intended to raise funds for charity, and my organization is not for profit, 100 percent.

I can't justify those costs. It would be over $2000.00 for just exhaust in a car worth literally almost nothing. I got my entire donor Lincoln with 60k miles for under 500 bucks.

PM if you like, I am easy going.

We want to have some fun and raise some money for ALS patient treatment improvements. Spending frivolously won't get us either, only Kooks and friends would benefit nicely as a detriment to our cause.

RD

Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
If memory serves, the 2V headers would fit the 4V heads if different flanges are adapted onto them. I seem to recall guitar_maestro teasing something to that effect years ago, when he was toying with setting up a headers fab shop on the side (which, sadly, never happened).

Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
I don鈥檛 think so, unless the tubes are squashed into a rectangular shape, the round primaries would be a restriction to the 4V heads. My recollection with the flange change using 2V headers is true for Coyotes though, those have round exhaust ports

It鈥檚 not like you can鈥檛 get 4V headers in both kooks or from a Mustang

Registered
One cool thing is that the 4v and 2v have the same flange bolt pattern. When I do my headers I use my Teksid with its B heads in place.

Administrator
... It would be over $2000.00 for just exhaust in a car worth literally almost nothing.

RD
Welcome to MN12 Tbird world! The sad thing is some of us have actually paid that or darn close to it.

Super Moderator
You can get 4V style flanges from ebay; they weren't too expensive; 69 bux a pair.

Someone here went that route.

Registered
Can you modify mustang longtubes for a 94 mark 32v? Would be going into a 91 bird. Kooks headers are backed up so looking for alternatives if possible.

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
They'd be 99-02 Cobra fitment to start with.

Registered
I have no issues modding headers for people. I just need a decent amount of time to deliver because Im pretty busy. But I can say for certain Ill be a hell-of a lot cheaper than Kooks.

Registered
Welcome to MN12 Tbird world! The sad thing is some of us have actually paid that or darn close to it.
I came to grips with the financial end long ago, I know this is recreation.

When somebody sees the car and comments on the presumed money spent, I do have a standard line I use to justify myself. I tell them to think of my project the same way they view their own vacation, and to remember that I still have the car, and their vacation is over.

Thanks for all the help, I would be way less accomplished at this without all the help I get on here.

RD

Administrator
I came to grips with the financial end long ago, I know this is recreation.

When somebody sees the car and comments on the presumed money spent, I do have a standard line I use to justify myself. I tell them to think of my project the same way they view their own vacation, and to remember that I still have the car, and their vacation is over.

Thanks for all the help, I would be way less accomplished at this without all the help I get on here.

RD
You're welcome. I don't know how much help I've personally provided you but yeah, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and wealth of archived info.

Speaking of comments on our cars, I always get a chuckle when people ask me if my car has a Coyote engine in it. I just smile and say yeah.

Administrator
That's the way I look at it too, I consider my car part of my entertainment budget.
I've been picking away at my budget all winter long, decent weather is here to finally enjoy it!

Joe

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration

1 - 20 of 21 Posts