TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to replace my stock intake. I'm a newbie so I'm just starting out with some basic mods, I'd like to start with the intake. Looking to get a Cold Air intake or something. I already have the air scoop like Ram Air. I just need to get a pipe of some kind to go between the air box and the Throttle Body. Probably the exact same as the one in this picture. http://tccoa.com/gallery/intake/scoop3.JPG If anyone knows where i can get one of these let me know. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's a custom piece that was made... Heard that a modded 92 to 95 Civic intake would work on our cars as well. Picked up a kit on e-bay for like $35 that im going to try out. If it doesn't work out major modification, it was only $35...

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Intake seems to have become synonimous with 'intake tube'
Intake in the 'classical' sense means the intake manifold.
(doesn't really matter though)

Nonetheless, that picture (when ya got the right one) looks like a RichardM intake tube. Richard is not making them at the moment. One might come up in the 'for sale' section every now and again, so keep an eye on it.

The 'Civic intake tube' thing also does exist. If you use the search button (top right corner of the forum), and look for 'Civic intake' or 'Civic intake tube' and you'll find a bunch of threads on the subject. I know I've seen a thread a while back talking about the year of Civic intake tube to pick up, how to modify it, etc.

Personally, I have a MAC Cold Air Induction kit. I am not sure if they have a kit for your application. You can email them and find out. That's how I got the info on the kits before they were sold (then again, they were advertised for a while before they produced them). Since all you need is the tube from the airbox to the throttle, this wouldnt work for you...

On a side note, for those that discover this in the future, many will say that the bend in the MAC system just before the MAF will throw the transfer function off in the MAF electronics. My car's A/F ratio on a dyno was perfect the whole time, with this cold air induction system installed. Go figure :zdunno:

Welcome to the boards. Use that search button and search for a lot of the questions you probably have. You'll find a lot of stuff. If you still dont find anything, then post, and someone will get to it ASAP.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hey Sean,
Welcome to TCCOA. I have the Richard M tube and its the same as what you have in that pic there...

Like already said he isnt making them anymore. You can find them used for sale or use something else.

Also I notice you have a 40th there. Please check out my site http://members.tccoa.com/shawn40th/ . If you would like I am trying to get as many 40ths in my registry and you could email your info from the registry page and I'll add you to it.
registry page

Take care,
-Shawn

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tried some 4" semi-rigid aluminum ducting, rather than 3" (trying to compensate for the "squash" area over the fuel rail - but it rubbed against the hood so badly that it actually wore a hole in the ducting, so I'm back to the OEM "violin case." I also had to scrap the CAI setup and just go with a simple cone to replace the airbox, as the CAI cone setup kept flopping around and I couldn't come up with anything that would hold it in place for more than a day. :(

Some have suggested getting an exhaust shop to bend some 3" steel tubing for ya', but it's a pain to get it bent just right (especially to clear that friggin' fuel rail) and you've gotta insulate the snot out of it, or it'll soak up LOTS of heat. I might someday try the modded Civic intake thing, but for now the crappy violin case and my cheap cone seem to work well enough. Besides, OEM plastic shines up better than aluminum dryer vent tubing. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts