TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking for a machine shop that can bore my modular motor and build the bottom for me. If you know any in the DC, VA, MD area; Please let me know if you need details first.

Chris

·
Registered
513 Posts
There is a place in Falls Church that we use for work all the time, it is called
Allied Machine Shop. If you want the number let me know and I will get it for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have never used them for anything for myself, but we have been using them thru work for the last 5 years or so. They do great work.
They recondition all of our heads and some minor engine work. We have never had a problem with anything they did for us.
Don't know much about there pricing, but they charge us 310 to recon a set of heads.
Here is the number if you want to call them.
703-533-8355

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turtlem227 said:
I have never used them for anything for myself, but we have been using them thru work for the last 5 years or so. They do great work.
They recondition all of our heads and some minor engine work. We have never had a problem with anything they did for us.
Don't know much about there pricing, but they charge us 310 to recon a set of heads.
Here is the number if you want to call them.
703-533-8355
So when you say minor work, you mean only reconditioning. I am looking to get a big-bore done, and possibly let them build the short block. Will they do this, I called and got no answer...ill try again in the AM.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They have done some pretty heavy stuff for us, but I don't know exactly what they will and won't do. Just keep trying to call them, the person that answers the phone is a guy who is not very young. But he will answer it.
I normally have to call a couple of times before I get thru to anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts