TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and it seems all of the hoods are Corba R based. The Cobra hoods look nice but is there anything else? I would rather have a Mach I Ram Air style but can't find a source. I have had a Motion cowl on my '91 for years now and I like it. I see they list one for the '95 but can't find any pics, can anyone post some or direct me to the site? I'm going to be building up my clean '95 SC with all my junky but super fast '91 SC drivetrain but the hood won't swap obviously. I've seen the Cobra/Mach style like on Dales car, it's fresh and that may be the way I go if there's not a non-Cobra alternative.

Thanks, Vernon

p.s. I did do a search so forgive me if I missed it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw that Greenbird, thanks. Let me rephrase my question. It seems the aftermarket hood selection on '94 and up T-birds is very narrow. AGE, American Sports Car, and Legendary hoods are pretty much identical except for the scoops option. The only one I haven't seen yet is the "Cowl" hood from Motion Performance for the '94-'95. I have one on my '91 and wonder if it is similar to mine or the more popular Cobra style hoods for these years. If anyone has a picture of the Motion '94-'95 Cowl sytle or knows of any other fiberglass hood that is different than the Cobra style please supply a pic or link. Motion doen't have a web site that I can find. If anyone has seen the Motion cowl for '94-'95 and can only say if it's the same as the others or not that would be great also.

Thanks again,
Vernon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Well I can't help you, (wish I could). but if you find a Mach I style hood for a 96-97 Bird let me know. I just love those dual NACA Style scoops.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark I was thinking about that but like Traveler I really like the Mach I style scoops. If I can't find one I will definately work on making the early hood fit the '95. Have you done this type of thing before?

Vernon

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have been looking for a 96-97 Mach 1 hood for my car for some time now.I know that Lonnie Doll? put a Cervini's Mach 1 on his 96-97 bird and modified it to fit his car so I guess it can be done.Just don't know if I want to spend 300 on a hood then cut it all up.Just my opinion though.Let me know if anyone finds one to fit,I'd like to know.Thanks. Jim

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey all i gatta say is gagfish man that car looks awsome you wanna see a hood that is cool go to gagfish.com i was gonna go see that car this summer when i went up to see my famil i was gonna meet up with him. but it turns out we are having some family problems and you know. but check that car out peace

Bryan

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the blue one in the pic looks nice , needs the bird emblem though . some non beliver may call it a honda! the white saleen on gagfish looks pretty nice that is a cool setup

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was thinking about the cervinis hood on a 94 bird myself. On Lonnies 92 it looks like he had to widen the bottom part to meet the headlights. On a 94 it seems like you would have to cut off part of the bottom lip so that the hood would meet the bumper cover. Then you could still keep the bird emblem and all of that. I also wonder how it would fit with the 96-97 headlights and a 94 bumper. It'd be nice if someone would try it. I would but I have no experience with fiberglass.

Preston

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
You could always forego the 71-73 style Mach I hood and try to duplicate the 69-70, 2003 Mach I style Shaker Scoop!!:D All you gotta do is cut a hole in the hood.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
OK, that is the one that I want!! Why can't anyone find it? Anyone try tracing that tag?

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey I was wondering where I could get a hood like this one?

Not sure whose car this is and sorry for taking the picture.. I found it on the site so I figured it wasn't a big deal.. but anyways.. like where can I get it.. I would like if you could give me a place I could buy it at.. thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I have tried to work with a company in Florida a couple of years ago and they stated that they would be making Specialized hoods for the Tbirds etc

They some what never came through. If anyone in the Florida area could drop by and rattle their chains maybe they might actually pull the mold out of storage they stated to me they had a year ago and actually make them?

Will never know?

Here's there link:

http://www.suncoastcreations.com/index.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did I hear someone say boaaaaieeyz from "daHood"???.... :tongue:

They're out there folks....

... --- just gotta have 'connections'! :eek:
:uppoint:

of course not mine here, but a buddy's '97 -after done having a spoonful of ('blocksanding'....) Louv'n! :ztoohot:

Oh yeah .... almost forgot! "No -you can't have it! --- that's "MY" BEER!!! :D

Peace out...

BullittBird ~Mike V.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
flybirdfly said:
hey I was wondering where I could get a hood like this one?

http://members.tccoa.com/garyneff/overhead shot of bird.jpg

Not sure whose car this is and sorry for taking the picture.. I found it on the site so I figured it wasn't a big deal.. but anyways.. like where can I get it.. I would like if you could give me a place I could buy it at.. thanks
Go to the most wanted parts page. The one in the picture is a Legendary hood.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went to the most wanted page thingy but I didn't see the same hood as in the picture.. Clearly there may not be a picture since there is like two pictures of hoods on there but is there the hood for the "scoops" on that page also.. Just asking.. I mean I like the raised hood but I would perfer one with the scoops on there

1 - 20 of 30 Posts