TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on here has this hood, preferrably a '96-97 Bird.....Looking for pictures, comments, and if you have any clearance/opening issues at all...........the reason I ask, is because they don't have a picture of the '96-97 on their website.............

If I can't find a cheap stock hood, I may just buy this one, since the Retail on a new OEM replacement hood is $825; OUCH!!! This one is half the price before freight, and looks SWEEET, at least on the 94-95.

Thanks in advance,
JC

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ageclassic has gone out of bussness. There qeb page it still up, but they are gone...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
392Bird- Since when did that happen? Just curious.

Mach- I don't have a pic of the hood on a car just yet, but I do happen to have a brand new one in a box sitting in my garage at home. If you need pics of it, PM me and I'll get some tonight.

Jay

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that sucks................is that hood being sold by any other company?

Jay,
If you can, please send me pictures to [email protected]

thanks,
JC

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
JC, I will take a pic of the top, underside, and a couple profile shots for you tonight and email them to ya. I should be home around 6pm, so you should have pics around 7pm or so. Just gotta drag the hood out from behind the bird. Keep in mind that mine is still white, as they come from the manufacturer and I have done NO fitting or sanding of any type to it yet.

Jay

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FordMan77 said:
JC, I will take a pic of the top, underside, and a couple profile shots for you tonight and email them to ya. I should be home around 6pm, so you should have pics around 7pm or so. Just gotta drag the hood out from behind the bird. Keep in mind that mine is still white, as they come from the manufacturer and I have done NO fitting or sanding of any type to it yet.

Jay

Got your pics.............thanks man. That's exactly what I want! It's perfect. Now if these guys are out of business, where the hell do I buy that hood??

JC

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I would check ebay. I've seen them there before. Maybe even the classifieds here on TCCoA.

Jay

·
Registered
107 Posts
Buyer Beware!!!!

From what I understand from some of the posts over at the SCCoA, Age Classic is still "selling" their hoods on EBay. I guess it is better described as accepting orders, taking your money, but not delivering anything. Maybe a better term is stealing instead of selling....

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't know for sure what happened to Age Classic, but as an FYI-- When I bought and paid for my hood, it was almost a month to the day that it finally showed up at my dock door. I wasn't in a hurry for it, so it didn't bother me but to some it may be an issue.

I will say this: From the initial fitment that I tried on my bird, it seems as though the only spots that I need to trim up/smooth out is the back near the windshield, and a bit of shaping around the headlight area, but other than that it looks to be a pretty good fit. You have to keep in mind that not all of the hoods will be the same fitment-wise, just as each bird or cougar is not fit the same. The way I look at it, when something becomes a total custom job, no matter what you try there will always be something that needs to be changed before you get a "factory" fit. I bought my hood with the expectation that I would have to put some effort into getting it to fit and look good. Considering how bad the front end was bent up on my bird, I'd be happy with just about anything, lol....

Just my .02

Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts