TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to add to the tool collection! :D

We always need something to break those stubborn bolts loose, so I'm thinking about a small impact wrench. I checked out what Lowes has online and they have a good selection.

I've got a small air compressor, you know the ones that are good for filling tires and an air mattress. I don't know if they're have something for a compressor that small or should I look into an electric one?

Right now I'm working on the car and a few bolts have been difficult. I don't need to round anything off! :eek:

Joe

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
my money goes to the ir i bought mine 2 years old in 99 and ihave yet to haveit fail or break and still works great

·
Registered
474 Posts
+1 on the IR. Got mine for around 150 or so. Close to 3 years now and still going like it is new. Keep it oiled up and you should not have a problem.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I'll back up the IR as well. They're excellent.. and those babies can take a beating.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have an IR 1/2 inch and a 3/8 and 3/4 bluepoint impacts they all work about the same I love the all I use a smal air compressr too but itdoesnt allways make enough air to really break the stubborn bolts for a while. Until I get 220 out in the garage I am stuck. in my opinion you cant go wrong with Snap on or Bluepoint or IR, but Cp is cheap and if you use them just a littlebit go with cp

·
Administrator
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With that small of a compressor I don't see it having enough volume to run an impact.
That's what I was thinking! :(

Anyone know if the electric ones are any good?

Joe

·
Registered
147 Posts
Snap On makes one Hell of a battery powered Impact. Makes it so nice not having to lug a hose around or a cord. Expecially nice for changing tires quick.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I use a Craftsman impact gun with my Campbell Hausfield 25 gal. compressor. It is rated for up to 350 ft.lbs and works great.

6-point socket bits are better for stubborn bolts - as they will not slip across the corners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts