TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like less of a man and a complete traitor for posting this, but its for the girlfriend's birthday :)

She's a big Booooooooooston Red Sux fan and has been wanting to go to a game at Fenghey and sit on the Green Monster. I know those tickets are hard to come by, so I was hoping someone up that way may be able to help me out. Her dad gets good tickets sometimes, so I have him helping too. I want it to be for one of the upcoming Orioles games, that way she can see how a real team plays baseball :) They play June 10-12, July 11-13, and Sept 1-3.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
go Yankees

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I checked ebay and craigslist first. I was hoping to get actual seats, but it looks like I'd be paying $700+ for a pair, which aint happening. The best I've found for Monster tickets were SRO on ebay with a BIN of $350.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Not for Green Monster seats! Best I found there was $450 per ticket!
My bad, I misread, i thought she wanted to just see the Green Monster. I will keep looking.

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I want it to be for one of the upcoming Orioles games, that way she can see how a real team plays baseball :)

LOL! Aww man that's funny. The Rays are hot this year, so who's gonna take over the cellar for them? Baltimore or Toronto? I say Toronto will get it going atleast a lil bit so my vote is on Baltimore. The Orioles won't spend enough money to ever compete in this division. May as well be a Sox fan, whenever we play in Baltimore that place is filled with Sox fans anyway ;)

- Mark

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL! Aww man that's funny. The Rays are hot this year, so who's gonna take over the cellar for them? Baltimore or Toronto? I say Toronto will get it going atleast a lil bit so my vote is on Baltimore. The Orioles won't spend enough money to ever compete in this division. May as well be a Sox fan, whenever we play in Baltimore that place is filled with Sox fans anyway ;)

- Mark
Do me a solid and remind me who just got swept at Camden Yards? Yeah I know it was only two games, but whatever...I take what I can get!

The Orioles used to dominate that division back in the day, until Peter Angelos bought them. They are rebuilding right now and not expected to do well. I'd say they are doing pretty good though, especially for one of the youngest and lowest paid teams in baseball. But you're right, they wont ever spend as much as the Red Sux or the Skankees because they wont have it to spend. Now if the Orioles became a "me too" team like the Red Sux or the Skankees and being a "fan" of theirs was cool, things may be a little different. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do me a solid and remind me who just got swept at Camden Yards? Yeah I know it was only two games, but whatever...I take what I can get!

The Orioles used to dominate that division back in the day, until Peter Angelos bought them. They are rebuilding right now and not expected to do well. I'd say they are doing pretty good though, especially for one of the youngest and lowest paid teams in baseball. But you're right, they wont ever spend as much as the Red Sux or the Skankees because they wont have it to spend. Now if the Orioles became a "me too" team like the Red Sux or the Skankees and being a "fan" of theirs was cool, things may be a little different. :)
Ya, I knew that 2 game sweep comment would be coming :tongue: And I wouldn't say they "dominated" but they had a few solid years there. But they've been "rebuilding" since like '99, come on now. And ya, the Red Sox have been spending money to try to keep up with the Yanks, but now we're developing our own prospects (Youkilis, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Delcarmen, etc) instead of throwing money at free agents or trading our prospects away (Freddy Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez etc. etc.). And I don't know what you mean by putting "fan" in quotations: I'm sure a lot of people have jumped on the Sox bandwagon in the last 5 years or so, but most Sox fans are just like me. Go to Fenway for the first time around ages 4-6, and you're forever a Sox fan. No matter what city they play in, there's always a huge showing of support for the Sox in every stadium. So don't worry, we don't just take over Camden, we're everywhere. Big ups out to everyone out there in Red Sox Nation. But ya, good luck to the Orioles. I honestly hope they finish second, I hate every other team in the East. Also, still have much love for Millar. And ya, I agree they do have some young guys that are going to be solid major leaguers. But the question is how long will they be in Baltimore? Good luck with the ticket search, doesn't get any better than Monster seats....and I hope you catch a Manny homerun! :D

- Mark

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, I knew that 2 game sweep comment would be coming :tongue: And I wouldn't say they "dominated" but they had a few solid years there. But they've been "rebuilding" since like '99, come on now. And ya, the Red Sox have been spending money to try to keep up with the Yanks, but now we're developing our own prospects (Youkilis, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Delcarmen, etc) instead of throwing money at free agents or trading our prospects away (Freddy Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez etc. etc.). And I don't know what you mean by putting "fan" in quotations: I'm sure a lot of people have jumped on the Sox bandwagon in the last 5 years or so, but most Sox fans are just like me. Go to Fenway for the first time around ages 4-6, and you're forever a Sox fan. No matter what city they play in, there's always a huge showing of support for the Sox in every stadium. So don't worry, we don't just take over Camden, we're everywhere. Big ups out to everyone out there in Red Sox Nation. But ya, good luck to the Orioles. I honestly hope they finish second, I hate every other team in the East. Also, still have much love for Millar. And ya, I agree they do have some young guys that are going to be solid major leaguers. But the question is how long will they be in Baltimore? Good luck with the ticket search, doesn't get any better than Monster seats....and I hope you catch a Manny homerun! :D

- Mark

;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts