TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a recommendation for the exhaust I should use so my car doesn't sound like a weed whacker anymore. It's driving me f-ing nuts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Anybody have a recommendation for the exhaust I should use so my car doesn't sound like a weed whacker anymore. It's driving me f-ing nuts
Do they still have the exhaust worx in Aurora? Maybe they can put on a rust prone exhaust with muffs LOL. Exhaust pipes in IL rust so damn fast.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they still have the exhaust worx in Aurora? Maybe they can put on a rust prone exhaust with muffs LOL. Exhaust pipes in IL rust so damn fast.
I am not sure I am new to the Aurora area. One of my buddies suggested magnaflow or borla but, I don't wanna buy it and make it worse

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've got Mustang 3.8 TEMs exiting 2.5", y-piped to a single 3" Moroso Spiral Flow, y-piped back out to dual 2.5" Magnaflows. Has a nice sound to it. Not ricey at all but not quite exotic sounding either. No buzzing or resonating in the slightest....at least that I can remember. It's been a few months since I've driven my bird.

Off hand, this is the closest I can find to how it sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNIeZ7FzwU Imagine it more......."American" sounding and deeper though. I'll have to try and get a video later if you'd like to hear it.

Edit: BTW, mine is also a 3.8SC.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have peeked under the car but I have not been under the car yet and the guy who sold me the car showed me receipts for the exhaust. I think there are universal high flow mufflers.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Well I have peeked under the car but I have not been under the car yet and the guy who sold me the car showed me receipts for the exhaust. I think there are universal high flow mufflers.
Lil friendly advice. Put the car up on jackstands. Get under the car and look around a bit. Not just at the exhaust but at everything in general. Not only would that allow you to perhaps decipher some part #s (if visible), but also you'd have a better ideal of your car's exhaust layout in general so when someone suggests a part,you're not left bewildered wondering where it's supposed to go. Also, pop the hood f you haven't already. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts