TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the infamous Cobra R hood for the 89-93 cars. I have seen one pic of a green one with hood pins on this site. But I am looking for dealers that have pics, you oo age classic or american motor sports and they say they have hoods but no pics, I have even phoned them and they say we will get on it and this was in the summer, and still nop luck . Does the hood even look good on the 89-93 birds ? or is it to out of paportion ?
If no one can find a cobra R hood can you send me in the direction of other hoods ie 2" cowl
and I have already checked these places out:

- ageclassic
-americanmotorsports
-cervinis
-harwood
-desgin concepts
-cincinnati composites
-abcexclusive
-unlimited products
and many other mustang related sites
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check the Most Wanted Parts page....

and look at Legendary Hoods. I got my 3" Cobra cowl hood from them and it's awesome. I know, there's no pic of your year hood, but your hood isn't THAT much different than mine, so my guess is that it's be freakin' awesome.
:headbang:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hey 96PearlV8, would you happen to have a picture of your 3" cowl? I'm looking into getting a cobra cowl for my 95 and wondering what height to get.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Joe...

Nope, no pic of my own. (But I promise it's SWEEEEEEETTT!!!!)
However, the most wanted parts page has a pic of a Bird EXACTLY like mine ('cept the wheels.) This is the only pic I ever saw of the hood before I bought it. However, while browsing today, I saw that Sir William himself has this very same hood, so check out his car and ask for some pics. His ride is sweet, but I just don't know about gettin' rid of all the side panels.
Good luck
James

·
Registered
480 Posts
Go with American Sports Car Design

The ASCD Cobra R hood is very good, awesome quality, and features, such as a beautiful gel coat, hood strut mounts already installed, finished underside, and a heavy duty steel plate under the hood latch supporting the latch assembly. By the way, they do have pics, I sent many pics to them after my hood was painted, They are just slackin on gettin them on the site. For a picture of the hood check out "My Ride" in my sig. I can send some pics of any area you might want to see up close. just let me know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my 89 is on the cover of sccoa.com i have the ascd hood

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
www.spoilers.com they have one under the Thunderbird accessories. You can check out the gfx or spoilers and there's a link from there. It's $460, but I'm sure you can get it cheaper somewhere else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cobra R hood

Hi last night i talked to a guy on ebay that said that he would have the cobra r hood for the 89-93 tbird and for 250 cant beat that the 94/95 is on right now he said it would be the same as it though i do not plan to buy the hood ill stick with my boss hood scoop like it better:D the auction # is 1872983412 also he said in his description that if you buy in quantity then you could get a discount.:idea:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts