TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the birds on smooth skins and there's snow on the ground... I need to find a decent all season tire that can take a beating come spring. the size is 225-60-16 98H on the front. I had the bridgestone potenza g009 on the front and I LOVE them. So now comes the time to find a tire that is going to respond like that did. I was looking at fuzion HRi but from what everyone here says about the ZRi I am thinking against them. I know up front I am going to get 98H tires but out back i could go to a 97 do to them not lasting more than a year thanks to the J-mod. Douglass, tempest, national, uniroyal are all tires i run away from. Had a set of national xt4000's fail and totaled my first mn-12 because of it. I'm not looking to drop a small mint on tires but i know it's not going to be cheap. Also has anyone used the Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 (H&V) (High Performance All-Season tires) on the mn-12? The ratings are Size: 225/60R16 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: 98HLoad Index 98 = 1653lbs (750kg) per tire Speed Rating "H" = 130mph (210kph) UTQG: Treadwear: 480 Traction: A Temperature: A 480 A A for 70$ a tire i figured i would ask what you all think.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You seem to have a couple tires in mind, but are you looking for a true all-season tire, or more of a wet weather tire? What's your primary type of driving (city/hwy)? I put on a set of General all-season radials and after 20K, they looked brand new. Handled great in the snow and rain. I had a buddy who has the Dunlop Graspic DS-3 on his SC and they handle very well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i had the money and a second set of rims i would just get cheap snows now and toyo's for the summer. LOL She's a daily driver and i drive very very very spiritedly. My drive is split 50/50. All i know is that i push the car hard in the corners and that's where the nationals failed with less than 10K on them. How are the dunlop graspic DS-3's in the snow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts