TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
New Title Pending
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 93 Lincoln Mark VIII with 2.73 gears in the alluminum carrier. It does not have trac-lock, and I want to switch to one that does. Does anyone have one for sale or want to trade? I would consider any ratio from 2.73 - 3.55, and an iron one would be fine.

Thanks,
Brian
Ann Arbor/Dexter area.

·
New Title Pending
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice car, but

1) the IRS on the MN12/FN10 is not interchangable with a solid axle
2) All I need is the differential, not a whole car.

Thanks though.

Brian

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 3.27 trac-loc in an iron case.. what are you looking to pay? 74,000 miles

·
Registered
103 Posts
what do u want for it

·
Registered
106 Posts
make an offer

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Rebuild the track-lok and install 4.30's...and I'll give you a pretty penny. More than $400 once we figure out prices on parts.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
ScottG29 said:
I have a 3.27 trac-loc in an iron case.. what are you looking to pay? 74,000 miles
hey man will that work in my car
what else will i need to make my car spin both wheels
im also looking to do 3.73 gears after
let me know thnx

·
Registered
106 Posts
The only reason I am not building it up is because I plan on replacing the entire unit... but if you need the parts or want to pay to have it done, I can arrange that through my work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
depends on the build sheet

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Most are open diff...
Teeps is a busy man, but you can try shooting him a PM, he's out in Berkley, great guy. He more so does custom builds....but maybe you can ask him if he'll do a stock gear change...He just had an addition to the family so time is not something he has a lot of right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my entire rear end is still available

·
Registered
680 Posts
No time for any diff projects right now, a stock gear change means starting from scratch, I don't trust the original installation, and I don't trust that the new gears will have identical dimensions, so that means the entire process starts from zero, and if your in that far why not put new bearings in too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts