TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new 2012 Subaru outback 3.6r premium. I should get it at the end of January. I could not find a 3.6 without a sun roof and in the color I wanted within 1000 miles of Tulsa so I had to order it. I did not want the 2.5 170 hp 4 cylinder with a cvt transmission. I ordered it with the 3.6 256hp 6 cylinder engine. The color I ordered with sky blue metallic.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Given that these vehicles are about the size of an older Suburban now, you were correct in ordering it with the flat-six engine.

Good car, I think I actually fit in one now.

·
Super Moderator
7,491 Posts
Nice choice. I really like the newer legacy myself, and of all the new cars out right now, it is one of probably only 3 that I would consider buying. The Subaru flat six is a really smooth engine too! In my SVX, no matter what rpms the motor is at, you never feel any harshness from it. For a daily driver, I think you can't go wrong with it. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
10,408 Posts
I really miss my 81 Subaru GL.

It weighed almost nothing, with a 2000cc engine and a 5 speed.

Are Subaru's still as reliable as they used to be?

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes but the 96-04 had some head gasket issues. once the head gaskets have been updated then there is no problems.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I remember test driving a turbo manual trans WRX wagon about ten years ago...it was like nothing else I'd ever driven, the all wheel drive and the turbo, amazing...really fun...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts