TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i really dont know what the hell im doing.. lol so, what should i look for? What kind of springs? will i also need shocks? or will the stock ones work also? will the car ride the same? .... and if not, how can i make it ride the same but 1.50" lower :)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the car will not ride the same with lowering springs, the suspension geometry will be changed. Eibach advertises a 1.5 drop at all four corners, while H&R advertises a 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the back. It will be a good idea to get performance shocks designed to work with the springs. Bilsteins if you can find them, Konis work well, Tokicos are supposed to, but are cheaper and those with them, might want to step in and comment.

Also, the SEARCH button will give you ALOT of answers. This topic is covered over and over again.

joseph

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I put Suspenion Techniquies Springs and KYB GR2 shocks, and they advertise a 1.5in drop, and thats about what I got. The ride is firmer, but not real bad, But handling is MUCH better, I really didn't think that it would've helped as much as it did. The car looks way better, since my tires (which were on it when I got it) are 235/60/15, so my fender gap was pretty bad before is not too bad now. Im gonna get 245/60 pretty soon so that should take care of the fender gap, im sure if you have that size, or a stock size tire the fender gap will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts