TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im well aware that you need to repin although I've seen alot of back and forth information regarding using the tcc and epc no question on the mlps im well aware thats vehicle specific but if I put a different tcc or epc will it cause any transmission issues? And or fry my ecm/ecu please let me know im looking to go down the easiest route of just repin either way I already ordered the transmission so its too late to go back nor do I want to been looking for a transmission for 2 months and would appreciate any information that could be given just rather be safe than sorry.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,395 Posts
Swap in the sensors for your specific year, I'm not sure if the 98 and 95 sensors are the same.

Joe

·
Registered
95 t bird lx 95 dohc mark viii engine 98 rebuild trans jmod med stall
9 Posts
I just did that swap a few months ago98 trans into my 95 tbird , i order all new sensors for the year of the car new horness temp sensor while the valve body was out i jmod it and did some sonnax valves put it back together works like champ .

·
Super Moderator
11,031 Posts

These seals are the reason for a bad direct clutch. The blackened areas that were leaking are pretty obvious.
One piece teflon seals are the answer.

Newer tranny's need the sonnax reinforcing plate to prevent this:

This was the pan after, note the lack of metal; this is just the plate residue from a wasted direct clutch.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts