TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the first time I've had my T-Bird out during the day, I bought it at about 6:30 last night.
I was having crappy acceleration, and shaking during gear shifts (1-2 I know and didn't notice 2-3 or even check of OD worked) so I decided to open the hood and check my fluid levels. I did a quick visual at the dealership, but the car was so cheap and I prefer the hood on the 93 to the 94+ models that I was happy it ran and got me home.

When checking the tranny fluid level I noticed a few things were disconnected, and thought someone here would know what they are. (And maybe how to keep the hood up with something other than the broomstick that came free in my trunk)

First, a vacuum line running from about halfway up the intake tube, before the manifold. This may lead into the PCV valve, but I don't know the engine well enough to tell.

The second, and third, things are electrical connections. One comes out of the same loom as the sensor at the exit of my air box. It has three wires and appears to be a plug, maybe for a sensor I don't even have.
The third sits right behind the alternator, coming from the same loom as the plug at the back of the alt. It has two round plugs next to each other. My assumption is that it's for some sort of tester, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you can get some pics, that would probably help. Did you have the CEL light on or flashing? Sounds like there is some important stuff not hooked up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any lights on all of the time. I do have a "check guages" light turn on once in a while.
Check engine has blinked on, but hasn't stayed. It wasn't on when the vacuum line was disconnected.
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
well, teh vac. line was disconnected on mine too, the hose was rotted, but it goes on teh pass. side of the engine, behind it, about where you check the tranny fluid. as for the thing next to your air box, mayb its the spout connector for the engine timing? and the one by the alternator idk... i'd have to go take a look after i get outta skool.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
did it almost feel liek it was rocking back and forth when it shifted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts