TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 ford thunderbird v8 front end is loose
i looked at it and the the top control arm busing was cracked and rotting away so from what i saw i need new bushings and proably ball joints

anyone have any suggestions on brands
thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
My 95 ford thunderbird v8 front end is loose
i looked at it and the the top control arm busing was cracked and rotting away so from what i saw i need new bushings and proably ball joints

anyone have any suggestions on brands
thanks
Check the sticky at the top of this forum.

But to repeat, in case you have trouble finding it:

Motorcraft, Moog, or TRW for the upper control arms.

Ditto for the lower control arms.

Ford OEM only for the front strut rod bushing set.

Ford or Moog (or a few others) for the lower control arm strut rod bushings.

Tell the suspension forum to show ALL messages, and check out what the cheap eBay chinee crap does to your car.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,570 Posts
Another tip.

www.rockauto.com

And check the miscellaneous section for the 5% off code thread.

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw, if the OP can't search - or even read the stickies - let'em pay that stupid tax :rolleyes:

RwP
Why....... I think i will get maybe orginal or the ones they sell at autozone

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya but what about the ball joints

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
Ya but what about the ball joints
Didja read the sticky?

It's all explained, with part numbers, there.

Do some searching and you'll find out why to use ONLY the recommended parts.

RwP

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know any place that sells full suspension kits that are good not the cheap sh**

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
Do you know any place that sells full suspension kits that are good not the cheap sh**
Nope.

But to repeat what's been said before, the Moog #s for all but the strut rod to frame bushings are in the sticky, take those numbers and find them at RockAuto, order from RockAuto with the current discount code (again, search for that), and you've got your kit.

Pick up the rubber bushings for the strut rod to frame at Ford, using the #s given.

Be VERY careful to not damage the ferrules when you take the old strut rod to frame bushing set apart.

RwP

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You give younger people everywhere a bad name. You have been told to SEARCH in every thread you created and you continue to ask the same question over and over. One last spoon feeding junior. The ball joints are made into the control arms as in they come with it. Replace as a pair ie upper on left means replace upper on right also. With me so far? Now if you had searched you wouldve found out the reason why everyone has told you to buy quality goods. Cheap crap or no name crap is junk and doesnt hold up. At least glance at the stickies

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
From one "young" guy to another, I know it's easy to buy the cheaper stuff, but if you look at what you're paying for, it's actually cheaper to buy good stuff once rather than cheap stuff twice or 3 times. I've been lucky enough to have this site and this group of people to guide me and many others in the right direction. Just know that many have forgotten more than you or I know on the subject. Trust a lot of the advice on this site, most of it is very good.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You give younger people everywhere a bad name. You have been told to SEARCH in every thread you created and you continue to ask the same question over and over. One last spoon feeding junior. The ball joints are made into the control arms as in they come with it. Replace as a pair ie upper on left means replace upper on right also. With me so far? Now if you had searched you wouldve found out the reason why everyone has told you to buy quality goods. Cheap crap or no name crap is junk and doesnt hold up. At least glance at the stickies
Yes i read them okay i posted those things before i read them and how can i give teens a bad name everywhere im only one person and actually im nicer and more respectful then 95% of the teenage population. I just like to ask questions i know its bad habbit and im trying to work on it i just finished reading sticky and thank you guys for the advice. Also for your information im an Technical High School Student and im in automotive technology so i know how to work on suspension and what the parts are :) so no need for explaing it to me i got it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts