TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a story on here someplace and I think it was kdanner who made the comment that it would only be a better story if it was a Katrina refugee.

Well read today where they nabbed 4 suspects that were caught looting in Seabrook, just south of us here in Houston.
One was a Katrina refugee.

So there you have it.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
There was a story on here someplace and I think it was kdanner who made the comment that it would only be a better story if it was a Katrina refugee.

Well read today where they nabbed 4 suspects that were caught looting in Seabrook, just south of us here in Houston.
One was a Katrina refugee.

So there you have it.

There you go, total scumbags. They need to be killed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
In 1968 Mayor Richard J Daley of Chicago made this statement to rioters.

The year 1968 was a momentous year for Daley. In April, Daley was castigated by many for his sharp rhetoric in the aftermath of rioting that took place after Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination. Displeased with what he saw as an overly cautious police response to the rioting, Daley chastised police superintendent James B. Conlisk and subsequently related that conversation at a City Hall press conference as follows:
"I said to him very emphatically and very definitely that an order be issued by him immediately to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand, because they're potential murderers, and to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting."
This statement generated significant controversy. Daley's supporters deluged his office with grateful letters and telegrams (nearly 4,500 according to Time Magazine), and it has been credited for Chicago's being one of the cities least affected by the riots. But others were appalled. Rev. Jesse Jackson, for example, called it "a fascist's response." The Mayor later backed away from his words in an address to the City Council, saying:
"It is the established policy of the police department – fully supported by this administration – that only the minimum force necessary be used by policemen in carrying out their duties."

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be an agreement that states "You loot, I shoot":D
I think here in Texas that works.

I know I've seen enough signs that warn those potential targets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts