TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda hard to explain this but bear with me.

The obvious part.. Car had plenty of power before ;)

Later on .. it didnt have the power from a dead stop (Like it wont even chirp the tires from a WOT drop) to 3500-4000R's then shot right up to redline. I mean a NOTICEABLE difference when it kicked in. Like it was running on 4 cyls and then kicked on 8.

Now its just dull throughout the RPM range. Still runs smooth as hell, no noises, smoke, misfiring, whatnot.

Its got some newer looking platinum plugs in it. (personally I never liked plat plugs) I have never changed them since I have bought the car. (Might be my first thought)

Any electronics in the car that would change the performance dramatically like this?

Thanks for anyhelp
-Mike :D

95, 4.6, 111k miles.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Kind of repetitive, but clean your maf if you haven't. I would also change your fuel filter. If you have never changed it, it may have never been changed. Maybe even do everything else involved in a tune-up (including the pcv).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Rotordemon20B said:
Fun Fun... LOL.. Just got done with the tranny.. now its time for a basic tuneup..

Thanks for the info... Sorry its repetitive :cool:
I meant "clean your maf" seems to be ppl's answers to a lot of problems, so I meant what I was saying was repetitive. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts