TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have jba headers, catless 2.25 true duel with x pipe crossover into 2 magnaflow in the rear. I was worried I won't have enough back pressure because the magnaflows are straight through mufflers. Will this be an issue? Also, on the freeway how will it sound? Deep or high pitched?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have a similar setup no cats, 2.25" pipe, stock manifolds, magnaflow with built-in X mounted right under driveshaft, 2.25" out the back with stainless tips. It will sound aggressive when you get into the pedal, I have almost no interior resonance on the highway(~2750 RPMS) really no resonance at all. I didn't feel any loss due to the opened up pipes either. Your system should sound good and flow good too. Maybe someone else can chime in.
-Rob

·
Registered
583 Posts
From what I understand about the exhaust on our cars.. the factory design, albeit restrictive helps out with having the low-end torque that it does... open it up and that goes away.. but having it open should help bring out the power once you get into rpms.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
between the exhaust and the pi intake. i lost a bit of the low end grunt..

don't try passing me when i hit 3200RPMS though :D

i have a nasty drone at 2xxx rpms.. i talking louder and more painful than flowmaster drone.. but it all good

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I had trouble deciding either to keep my flowmasters or go with magnaflow. After countless times of listening to magnaflow, I agree they sound really deep and clean. I guess my flowmasters got really annoying on the highway and also very drony and high pitched sounding. I just hope the magnaflows don't sound raspy like glasspacks.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
2.25" duals should be fine for a mildy modded car. Bigger than that isnt warranted unless you buy a real set of headers for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts