TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted about before but I can't seem to track it down.

Long story short, I lost my factory lug nut key tonight at the track and need to get the locking lugs off ASAP because I don't want to keep driving with my Hoosier's on. My friend said something about a special tool you can buy/rent to get them off. Are there any other options? I'm sure a cutoff tool would work too. And input appreciated.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Find a socket that is just a little too small to go over the nut. Tap it over with a hammer and see if you can get it off that way. After that just use normal nuts. If you really want another set of lock nuts I think I might have a set around here with a key.

-Miller

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you have enough space around it you might try one of these gator grip style sockets

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
are keys different for every car or year? I lost mine too and I had a local tire/rim/auto shop bust em off and had acorns put on for free.

·
3,868 Posts
There are several different combinations. I have saved a collection of keys that work sometimes.
Alan
Why don't you machine out a few and sell them? Legal reasons? bad ass that you have a collection of them

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
there are only so many of them, right? why not post a pic and see if someone local has one that matches? mine is attached to the lugwrench, did you cut yours off or something?

-John

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have the same problem.... tonight my tire went out and i drove home on the wheel. i CANT get my damn wheel off. this is ridiculous i hate ford. i need to know what code / where to give someone to get my wheel off. i obviously cant drive the car to let someone "look" at it. any help is wonderful.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ive tried a hammer and chisel, i dont know what to do. just so we're on the same page i included some photos of what these DEMON'S look like.

im seriously out of option's.... is there anyways i can trace these's keys back to a code on my vehicle????

close up on DEMON lug

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
First thing I do when I get a car with them things is remove them, replace them, and ziplock the key with the 4 special nuts for a flea market some day.

You can either:
A) ... Take an old regular nut, stitch weld to the "special" nut ... just a couple welds will do, remove with lug wrench, do same on all 4 wheels, buy 4 new regular lug nuts and use instead.
or:
B) ... Visit a local tow truck / roadside service operator and ask him to remove all 4 with his special tool (it's a hardened socket like with spiral left hand like threads inside that tighten down over even a round nut as you turn it left) and offer him a free meal at the burger joint of his chosing in return.

And maybe mow the grass.:D

I have a set laying in oneof my bolt boxes off my '92, also a set off of a Mustang and something else I have long since forgotten.

·
3,868 Posts
Hammer a socket over the demon lug. Or using a die cutter cut some of round edge into a flat edge to help the socket over the demon lug. In other words look at your tool availability and use your imagination. Vice grips could work but I wouldn't try it. I had a shop crack mine off during one of my alignments. I lost the key as well. I wouldn't think anyone would bother to steal 15's today lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts