TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i go a list of codes here....

im not sure if it was 59, or 159... 59 is AXOD 4/3 pressure switch curcuit failure or idle adjust curcuit fault (2.9L map) . my tranny is slipping this have anything to do with it?

159 Mass air sensor fault above or below normal. this is ok i have a spare... and i did run the test without the air box/airfilter connected so maybe that had somthing to do with it?

136 HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault always lean

172 HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault lean

311 Thermactor air system fault during engine run self test. wtf does this mean?

542 Fuel pump secondary circuit fault wheres this and how to fix?

565 Canister purge solonoid curcuit fault

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Wow... did your car go in to a lake? Well first of all, you won't have any transmission codes because your transmission is 100% mechanical (AOD). No computer intervention there.

159--- I'm just guessing, but that might come from simply running the car without the air box. Try again with the air box attached, and clean the MAF sensor.

136 and 172 are saying your O2 sensor(s) are constant lean. I don't know if that's left or right bank, figure out if those are for the same bank or separate banks (could be the separate codes for the same sensor.)

311-- Thermactor is the air pump system. Is it still installed in the car?

542-- Not sure on that. Are you sure you're looking at the right set of code definitions?

565-- The charcoal emissions canister is having a problem cycling the purge solenoid. It's probably either stuck open or closed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that makes me feel better about the tranny... is there a way to make it engage faster? i did a search and the general census was to leave it.

i hope the air pump is still there but ill check

where is the charcoal canister? im used to cars where i can stand up in the engine bay.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
kevin2m4 said:
errr the purge thingy

on my car its in the front passenger side next to the fender under the head lights behind the radiator support.

I would check all your vacuum lines too .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a computer from a speed density lincoln mark 7 in a box somewhere saving it for my towncar swap.... im pretty sure its speed density. but my cougar is maf.

does unhooking the battery kill all the codes or are they still stored there?

im wondering if maybe these are old codes? but the batt was unhooked for a while before i got them scanned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts