TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, my suspension is loud and it's harsh. I just put 4 new sport shocks in (don't ask.. =P) and 2" Jamex lowering springs. The car has 112k miles on the stock ball joints and arms, and the bushings. I just ordered 2 upper and 2 lower's for the front... will the new bushings and balljoints quiet the suspension up? What else could I change while im in there to make the suspension a little more quiet? When one of you changed your control arms, did yo unotice a difference in handling and quietness? Thanks guys. (just ordered new tires, too... tires + suspension parts + installing tires + full alignment = lots of money...) It's worth it for my baby tho.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
With the high rate springs and shocks you just put in, you shifted some of the load to the bushings. bushings that were probably getting marginal anyway. So I'd replace every bushing I could. Letting this go as is will only make it worse as you can easily damage other parts.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of buying the kit on mn12 performance...lots of bushings. I dunno... the lrc's come with all the bushings.. maybe I should get the sway bar bushings too. Those probly need some attention. Thanks GB

·
Registered
490 Posts
.....Definately replace your strut rod bushings at the lower control arm...they're most likely shot...Swaybar endlinks and bushings too...The endlinks are probably what's making alot of noise due to the shift of weight on the suspension from the spring/shocks...as Greenbird stated..
Erik

.....Damn!!!! For being 100 yrs. old you shouldn't be working on cars at all....you could get hurt..

I'd like to see a 100 year old man driving around with "i'm the man" by "Anthrax" cranked!!....LOL

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.. i look good for being 100 years old. hahaha... yeah when I get in there im gonna see what I can get too while im in there. Are the sway bar bushings hard to get out when all the suspension is out? I never really looked at the bar...
Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts