TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: so what do u guys use to keep'em off your cars or clean'em off with??:confused:

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
96_Cougar said:
By the way, I use all Meguiars products to detail my car except for the glass cleaner--that's a Stoner product.
Same here. Meguiar's Deep Crystal, Cleaner Wax, Quik Detailer, Interior products, and other stuff are all in a bucket in my trunk right now. However, recently, I've been using 3M Imperial Hand Glaze 05990 as a polish. That stuff is amazing. I love it.

I also use DuraGloss 201 Vinyl & Leather Dressing for my dashboard/plastic trim pieces.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you know you're headed into an area thick with them a light coat of WD40 helps make it easier to get them off.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I wonder if the duplicolor spray on (wash off with soapy water) "bra paint" they sell at the parts stores make any difference with bug cleanup?

I think it comes in clear as well as the black... probably not the cheapest way to cope with bug splatter thats for sure.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
We use all Meguiar's products at work. But for a wax look into very cherry wax from ritelook. Works great and you can wax even in direct sunlight. If you keep your car waxed it will help with any bugs. You can put non stick spray on your front end and mirrors. If for some reason you dont get a chance to spray it and you get fresh bugs on your car you can use baby wipes to remove the fresh bugs. Remember to remove the bugs/ bird droppings asap or it will etch your paint. Check out our website. There is alot of things to read up on about detailing your car. www.thefinerdetails.com

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
TDuck said:
A guy I knew in high school used to spray the front of his Firebird with Pledge furniture polish. At the time I thought he was crazy, I wonder now what that does to the paint. Anyone know?
Gives it a lemon fresh smell?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
lovebugs f*ckin suck

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
speed95 said:
Gives it a lemon fresh smell?
Chris, next time you see my car, can you give me an estimate on what it would cost to get rid of all the water marks and swirls in my paint?

·
Registered
483 Posts
all zaino all the time. try it and you will believe, i did.as far as sprayin wd-40 on my car i think not....

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Pam works....I used to spray it on my 4wheeler before I'd go muddin.
The mud washes right off, along with the PAM(with soap and water of course).

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
_95badbird said:
Chris, next time you see my car, can you give me an estimate on what it would cost to get rid of all the water marks and swirls in my paint?

I can tell you now $1k! J/k man. Maybe you can do some welding for me and we call it even.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
speed95 said:
I can tell you now $1k! J/k man. Maybe you can do some welding for me and we call it even.
sounds good, what you got in mind as far as welding goes?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
for you northern state folk that don't have experience w/ lovebugs like us unfortunate ones in the southeast... these bugs, when they squish themselves on your car, have bug guts strong enough to eat through most conventional clearcoats, basecoats, and urethane bumpers....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts