TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I am!!
Got up to about 50 mph on a ramp in 1st and then it shifted. Hell yeah!! Big screech. Not a chirp! Of course crappy tires helps you make more noise. :rolleyes: Hopefully soon, I'll have some 245's to grip the road with.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What HP specs did you drill it for?
This is my next mod after the 02 explorer engine gets put in.

thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are times when it's pretty stout...at that certain throttle/rpm/speed combo. Low acceleration is ok. WOT is gonna wear my tires out...hehe. This morning on the way to work, I was 1/2 throttle and I chirped it good.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah he did...:rolleyes:
Actually I wasn't "gettin' on it" when he caught me. I just flat out didn't know the speed limit. Funny that I was kind of going with the flow of traffic, maybe a little faster. 53 in a 35. Sheesh.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Hi all, i got a "partial j-mod" back in November. (in my signature) What i mean is i only got the shift kit installed. Is there more to the j-mod then just the shift kit, because the only difference i've noticed is that my car has more accurate shifts. (it like kicks into gear right away) Does the shift kit help your 1/4 et. better? Also, what else is invoved in the j-mod besides the shift kit if there is any thing else involved? Thanx all,

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I assume that by partial j-mod you mean you had the sep. plate drilled and that's it. If so, I would go back and get the updated 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and blue top spring for the 1-2. I don't know exactly what you've done, but sounds like you are almost there. I was gonna just drill the plate, but many searches and members suggested that I upgrade the accumulators while in there. didn't cost much, and it's added security for me as far as I'm concerned. No more guessing if the trans will fail due to these parts. Now the rest, wellll, who knows. I had about 91,000 on my 95 trans when I did it, and had bad shudder. Now with the mods, no more shudder, and a chirp at 2nd if I really crowd it:D My spring was not broken in the 1-2, but the 96 cougar that I just recently did was. Go figure. I'd say finish it up, but I'm sure someone w/ more experience will chime in. All I know is it made a huge difference in the driveability and fun of my bird, and gives me peace of mind(somewhat). And yes, I beleive the "shift kit" does help w/ et's as the trans will be shifting with less lag and more accuratly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey couple Oklahomans posting, anyway I want to do this soon. I am use to manual transmissions were I can shift as hard as I want, now I get whatever the car wants. So the jmod should give me those nice firm shifts.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
lol, springs... who needs springs? =P

Springs!? ..... We don't need no fakin springs!! :D

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. We'll let you know when we decide on another get-together.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How 'bout the 14th at TV?
I should have some 245's on by then and I wanna see if I can get into the 13's with the jmod and tires.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I'll be there, probably won't have the Cougar by then, I've had a few people come by and look at it, and they are really interested, and I'm not buying my new car until I get back, no sense in paying insurance on a car to sit in the driveway for 3 months.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Starting a new thread in the OK Chapter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts