TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my bird, a 94 LX 4.6. This car would look SO much better if it didnt have the ground clearance of a truck... but how low is too low and what is a good stance height? And if anyone has pics of an aggressive lowered stance id appreciate it. I want it low, just not quite curb-scraping low.... 1 1/2? 2? I have no idea what is good. ive never lowered a car... Im thinking stock SC height or lower...

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
A stock SC has the exact same ride height as an LX. They just have the GFX to make them look lower.

Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm are you sure? my 89 SC parked next to my cousins stock 93 LX showed that the SC was a little lower and they were within 10k miles of each other... noticeable difference. maybe its the tire height

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got Eibachs on my car now. It lowered it about 1.5" I think. (Never got around to measuring it) It looks great. No pics yet, (mission for tomorrow, clean car, get updated pics)

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Emerald94LX said:
And if anyone has pics of an aggressive lowered stance id appreciate it.
This should be in the suspension forum, not the 4.6L forum.

Both my DOHC 90 XR7 and my Splitport 94 LX have the 1" drop Vogtland springs, which is as low as I can go with my road.

-Rod

·
Registered
744 Posts
MadMikeyL said:
A stock SC has the exact same ride height as an LX. They just have the GFX to make them look lower.

Mike

SC's & Sport's have different springs and thus sit lower. infact my 97 sport sits about .75" lower then my friends's 3.8 cougie, stock tires.

if you wanna be lower & are worried about ground clearance the only way to go is air bags. set it to the ride height you want, and when you need more clearance such when it snows or going over speed bumps you can raise the car up.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I did a 1.5 drop to mine as well, a little more wouldn't hurt...alot of it has to do with what tire size you run.

Alan

·
Registered
965 Posts
tomaso12 said:
SC's & Sport's have different springs and thus sit lower. infact my 97 sport sits about .75" lower then my friends's 3.8 cougie, stock tires.

if you wanna be lower & are worried about ground clearance the only way to go is air bags. set it to the ride height you want, and when you need more clearance such when it snows or going over speed bumps you can raise the car up.

While they do have different springs, they do not sit lower.... If anything the stiffer springs will make the car set higher. I've run both on my car and my car set at the same hieght give or take an 1/8".

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Racecougar~ Sharp cars, but definitely want lower. I have P245/60's right now on stock rims and stock height.... Prefferably Id like to be able to stick the toe of my shoe under the front bumper.... thats about it. I live in the city and work here as well and I have the Audi for a daily car if i decide to go that low with the bird. Airbags just require so much work and money. SO I guess 2.5 is about as low as I can go with coils right?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats it Biggie.... thats my kinda L O W..... looks like ur rear suspension is flexed tho.. The top of the rear tire is bowing in. How bad is it if I cut the coils guys? Im not really woried about ride... Im just worried about longevity. And since bags are too expensive and sport springs arent low enough it looks like cutting is my only option.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I'm pretty sure biggie's is bagged...

mine is cut SC springs. they've been that way for well over a year now - no problems, and they ride quite well with good shocks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts