TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the pump, and the filter. The pressure is reading in the mid to high 20's. Could this be a faulty pressure regulator?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pressure stays the same when vacuum hose is removed from the regulator

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No there's definitely vacuum in that line i felt it

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced the fpr. still no improvement. I am losing pressure through the return line, which would point to a bad fpr, but this one is brand new.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
How many miles on the fuel pump?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
remember, you said you have no vacuum on the line that goes to the FPR. You cannot properly diagnose a fuel delivery issue So when you tested the new FPR, did you fix the vacuum line or not? If so, how many PSI of fuel pressure are you getting now?

Have you checked the power/ground at the fuel pump terminals? Corrosion will indirectly weaken a fuel pump's ability to flow fuel.

·
The Parts Guy
7,268 Posts
Post #5 says that the OP does have vacuum on the reference line.

OP, what fuel pressure are you seeing now, both with the vacuum line in place (engine idling) and with it removed?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With vacuum hose attached and removed I'm reading about 20psi, if I clamp off the return line I can get the fuel pressure up to spec, new fuel pump, filter, and pressure regulator.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If pressure builds when the return line is manually closed, then I'd say the FPR is bad. Is it adjustable or factory style?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
factory style, brand new bwd unit.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fixed, bad ground on the IRCM, and the maf sensor is shot.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It took me a while to find a relay for the pump, but thanks for google I found out all the relays are packed into that little ircm box. Now I just need a new maf.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts