TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted-enough that I forgot my login and had to create a new one. I've got a 94 4.6L with about 160K on it...

I've got problems with low oil pressure (according to my stock instrument panel) when the engine's warm and idling in drive. I took it to a shop to get their take on it, and they said they couldn't tell what was wrong without taking the engine out. They couldn't get to the oil pan without taking the engine out to check for a clogged screen on the oil pump intake. I asked them to check the sending unit, and they didn't if they found anything wrong with that. They DID put 20W 50 in, and that stopped the problem, until the next oil change, when I put 10W 30 in, like a fool...

Anyway, I'm thinking (hoping) that someone has a take on all of this. Since the 20W 50 fixed (temporarily), I'm thinking it may not be a clogged screen. I've never had a hint of engine trouble, and I'd rather not have to spend $$$ to fix this problem...

Thanks

·
W&S Motorsports
161 Posts
Hook up a real oil pressure gauge abd measure hot at 1500RPM, spec calls for 20.01-44.95psi on page 03-01B-102 of the 97 service manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts