TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a problem. Iv noticed my temp reading seems low. Like just over 150 degrees but my heat works awesome and no other problems. The next logical thing i thought could be the problem is the temp sensor. I opened my hood and i see 2 sensors on the intake manifold a smaller one to the left and a bigger one to the right just next to the thermostat cover. I'm guessing its the one to the right but i thought id make sure am i right on this?? i'm guessing that the other one is some kind of air temp sensor

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Part #12, in this drawing, is listed as the Water Temperature Indicator Sender Unit; part #13 is listed as the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor:

·
Registered
56 Posts
my guess would be the temp sender too, item #12 ,cause mine used to read right on the n in the normal range, now it never gets up to the n ,still got good heat , and dumb me, i replaced the t-stat , wasnt that.

Frank

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine acts the same way, I've been attributing to the K&N cone filter in the fender well, the tranny cooler that is piped in before entering the radiator and the chip. Although I imagine that the tranny cooler is the biggest factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts