TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the lowers last a lot longer than the uppers?

I believe mine are originals and are still holding up. My car is closing in on 140k.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I put over 200K on my original lowers and even though the boots on the uppers were torn badly they did not show very much wear, I replaced them just because I replaced all the front suspension joints at the same time.

I have had MN12's for over 12 years now.

Cannot keep accurate track of miles now my odometer is broken(3rd one.) Just count the years now. LOL

·
Registered
623 Posts
My factory lowers were loose by about 140k, I replaced my uppers shortly thereafter. The uppers were not loose, just creaky. I saw a lot of mn12/fn10s flatbedded into our shop because of separated lowers with atleast one upper that was also on its way out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My factory lowers were loose by about 140k, I replaced my uppers shortly thereafter. The uppers were not loose, just creaky. I saw a lot of mn12/fn10s flatbedded into our shop because of separated lowers with atleast one upper that was also on its way out.
Here's what happened to me. My car has 141,3xx miles, when I was driving down the freeway, and just randomly my passenger front side of the car sloped down, and I started to slow in speed. Thinking crap, flat tire now, I was able to pull over, but I was also slowing down at a very high rate, not like a regular tire blow. When I finally got out to investigate, my lower ball joint completely popped out of the LCA, and my tire was pushed as far back as it would go, with only the steering and upper control arm to hold it.

At 125K miles, I did some major work on it, replacing anything that looked old/ majorly used, including upper control arms, sway bar, ect.. but when I looked at the LCA, they looked in great shape, so I left them.

Freak accident to me... Who knows, I am known to have the bad luck follow me :( Yet your reference to seeing alot of that, I am not feeling so bad about it.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Ebay suspension components have been known to fail after a year or so.

Dropping a ball joint at speed can be bad. :)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
my lower pulled out of socket 180K in a parking lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts