TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
i need someones 2 cent on the control arm question.
What exactly is so desirable on these control arms ?
Just the ball joint and bushing or is the whole control arm more rugged???
I did read all the articles but could not point the finger on a specific answer

any 2 cents will be appreciated:wink2::wink2::wink2:

so long
hoschy

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
Healthier sized joint, greaseable, arm sturdier than the cheapies, and a quality boot.

Plus, the ball joint is serviceable on these; although it's as much or more than the whole arm is.

RwP

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Healthier sized joint, greaseable, arm sturdier than the cheapies, and a quality boot.

Plus, the ball joint is serviceable on these; although it's as much or more than the whole arm is.

RwP
Which ones are you talking about, the ac deaco or the rebestos.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the A/C Delco is just re-packaged Raybestos. I have the A/C Delco on my car and so far they have been good after 6k miles and a years worth of driving.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
This is the TRW against the AC Delco Professional (Raybestos Advanced Technology is the exact same part). The TRW unit is thinner with a smaller sealed balljoint.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Raybestos sold their line to AC Delco, from what I read somewhere.

These joints are as good as factory, which were Teflon lined, per Duffy.

When a set of these fails, I'll see what's inside.

I like rebuildable, because I can buy a couple of the joints against future unavailability. :)

These are now on two cars, the oldest about two years old.

The other replacements have been lasting about 3 years, so I should know by next summer how they hold up.

The front sway bar endlinks by AC Delco are also great; they have grease fittings, and seem to last longer than the other ones that usually last ~2 years; the set on the tbird is almost 4 years old.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for showing me that, i try to gather all the parts for my big build, and i*m aware that supply is running out.
the only other question i have is ,is there a difference between motorcraft arm and ac delco just the arm not the ball joints

the idea is to order the ball joints separate to have supply for the upcoming years ,i also throw the idea around to change to mustang 2 setup because supply endless

i appreciate any input of you guys great forum here ,thanks alot

thx

hoschy

·
Registered
57 Posts
How do the Delco arms compare to moog? I rebuilt my last front with moog but it was totalled 3 months afterward so i dont know how they wear. I want some beefy suspension, i broke a control arm on my silverado last year resulting in 5 and a half flips. My ball joints are popping so im very anxious to make turns at this point. I feel like im in a mustang lmao

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do the Delco arms compare to moog? I rebuilt my last front with moog but it was totalled 3 months afterward so i dont know how they wear. I want some beefy suspension, i broke a control arm on my silverado last year resulting in 5 and a half flips. My ball joints are popping so im very anxious to make turns at this point. I feel like im in a mustang lmao
i like to know to and how they compare to the motorcraft

thx

hoschy

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
The Motorcraft arm will look just like the TRW arm because they were the OEM from what I understand. I installed a set of Moog parts way back when I got my first bird and they looked the same and didn't last very long. I have the AC Delco parts on both of my cars. I can't attest to longevity because I've only put about 6k on them so far.

If you go to this LINK you can look up the part numbers for all of the AC Delco parts available.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an account Delco on my driver side and a raybestos on my passenger side for my lower control arms. Reason for that was because I got an open box deal on the AC Delco professional line I believe and then I just ordered raybestos for the other side because I'm decidedly a jew at random moments whilst buying things. What made me buy them was the entire dimensions looked nearly exactly the same. As if they were casted the same way on two different lines. Then upon further inspection I noticed that the part number on the outer ball joint had the same exact numbers save for each respective side. Only other differences beyond that which I saw. AC Delco pre greased the ball joints themselves and the threads for the grease fitting it's self. I acquired these because I was new to understanding the car part world and thought ebay was my Jewish counter part helping me save money. Well I had to replace these control arms, sway link ends, and outer Tie rods in less than 3 months after purchasing new. Now with the aforementioned brand lower control arms, moog end links and tie rods. It's been 4 months with no issue at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
This is the TRW against the AC Delco Professional (Raybestos Advanced Technology is the exact same part). The TRW unit is thinner with a smaller sealed balljoint.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/jco1385/20150206_145751_zpsi6ft1wvz.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/jco1385/20150206_145832_zpsbwylis4z.jpg
I have an account Delco on my driver side and a raybestos on my passenger side for my lower control arms. Reason for that was because I got an open box deal on the AC Delco professional line I believe and then I just ordered raybestos for the other side because I'm decidedly a jew at random moments whilst buying things. What made me buy them was the entire dimensions looked nearly exactly the same. As if they were casted the same way on two different lines. Then upon further inspection I noticed that the part number on the outer ball joint had the same exact numbers save for each respective side. Only other differences beyond that which I saw. AC Delco pre greased the ball joints themselves and the threads for the grease fitting it's self.
This

1 - 12 of 12 Posts