TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a replacement part # I can order for the above. I don't want to replace the entire LCA. I also got a price of $52 each for replacement front anti-sway bar endlinks. Does that sound about right? I bought energy suspension replacement bushings, but they won't work on the front ones, just the rear. Please help fast. Does Moog have a website? I keep hearing that manufacturer mentioned but I cannot find any info on them.

:confused:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
RockAuto has the shock bushing... I know, I just installed a pair when I did my suspenion upgrade. :D

If you order from RockAuto, don't forget the discount code. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would the part from RockAuto be the bushing "to MacPherson strut" part # K8604

Also what is the discount code? My TCCoA membership #?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the code.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
94 daily driver....how involved was it to install? It doesn't look too hard or involved.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I have a 12 ton press and it was still a PITA. Not because it is tight or anything, but I couldn't find a "drift" the right size to fit the outer shell so I could press it out. :mad:

If you try to just press it out using the center metal shell, the rubber will rip loose and you'll be left with the outer shell still attached to the arm (don't ask how I know this...). :leftright

But if you can find a thick walled tube the right diameter to fit the outer shell, it presses out just fine. That is assuming the arm is out of the car. I don’t know how you would do it on the car. :2huh:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why the hell can't anything be simple on these freakin cars? I guess when I get the bushings in my hand, its off to home depot to find a pipe the right size.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah...there is NO bushing at all left inside the control arm. If there is, its only pieces of it, so that might help some. But still.......damnit damnit damnit !!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
RockAuto has the shock bushing... I know, I just installed a pair when I did my suspenion upgrade. :D
If you order from RockAuto, don't forget the discount code. :thumbsup:
Does this part need to be replaced if you are replacing the control arm?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts