TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I need to replace my lower ball joints and thought i would just do the whole control arm so the joint would already be installed.but i cant seem to find a source for them.in searches i found that people were getting them from rock auto.but they say they dont sell them.any ideas?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
orielly's has them for about 60 bux apiece. and rockauto has them as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
chorizon said:
orielly's has them for about 60 bux apiece. and rockauto has them as well.
Can you provide a link to the one's at rock auto. according to there web sight and calling them they dont have them or stock them.bummer too there not far from my house.

As for any other stores i tried napa and another with no luck only the ball joint itself.

thanks for the replies i will try Dan but wanted local as i was into this today and the creaking is getting very very bad.

OH rock auto said if i had the part # to the lower control arm he might be able to help get one.so if someone has it :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
coralguy99 said:
Can you provide a link to the one's at rock auto. according to there web sight and calling them they dont have them or stock them...
That's strange... they list them for a '96 T-bird but not the Cougar. They are part numbers "K80053" and "K80055".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tinman_72 said:
That's strange... they list them for a '96 T-bird but not the Cougar. They are part numbers "K80053" and "K80055".
D'oh, i normaly look under thunderbird to.because this seems to happen alot.but i guesse with 40k miles of not having to touch the car.how easly i forget. thanks much.And they did have them in stock.so it looks like a day of uppers and lowers for me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does anybody know if this comes with the two bushings one where the shock mounts and the other where it bolts up to the car body?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
T-bird_fan said:
Does anybody know if this comes with the two bushings one where the shock mounts and the other where it bolts up to the car body?
Yes to both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts