TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some searching I still can't figure it out. Installing mark 8 lower arms on my 94 bird will my springs fit securely in the arm or do I need something to make it fit? Also will the uppers work on my bird? The lowers spring seat looks larger.

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
After doing some searching I still can't figure it out. Installing mark 8 lower arms on my 94 bird will my springs fit securely in the arm or do I need something to make it fit? Also will the uppers work on my bird? The lowers spring seat looks larger.
The spring seats are different.

To make the MN12 ride the same on FN10 arms as it did on the MN12 arms, you need a spring seat - like the ones DLF makes and sells (see his web site here at http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Delrin/UHMW.html for ordering info, or search for him here.)

He also sells seats that will lower the rear a small amount (again, see his web site for particulars.)

'Course, you could look in the yard for LCAs from a Mark that was converted to coils ... they should have the perches already.

RwP

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I thought they looked different. The local yard here has two mark 8's one converted and one not. Was thinking about doing this all at once as my 94 has drum brakes and worn control arm bushings.

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
Thanks I thought they looked different. The local yard here has two mark 8's one converted and one not. Was thinking about doing this all at once as my 94 has drum brakes and worn control arm bushings.
Grab the Mark VIII springs also then.

Might still sit different, dunno - DLF is one that could tell you for sure.

RwP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts