TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my car with the Eibach Prokit springs but the ass end still rides higher than the front, do I need shorter end links? What can I do to make it ride level?

You can see it real clear in this picture of my Ford fleet:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
Not sure if this is it or not but mine was setting a bit high after the swap, Then the 500 mile ride back to PA at the time the car was settled just right .

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if this is it or not but mine was setting a bit high after the swap, Then the 500 mile ride back to PA at the time the car was settled just right .
Maybe, its been probably 500 miles since I rebuilt my suspension with the Eibachs....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What else could it be? Should I just go get a couple bags of cement?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish mine slanted that way. Mine has the same slant but from front to rear. It sucks.
Ouch. :(

Anybody have any idea what would cause my slant? I would prefer no slant. Maybe I could trade my springs for SuperDutys... :tongue:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Wait a 1000 miles then....if they don't settle, take out the spring Isolator.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine looks the same way.... i also just removed my entire stereo which was quite heavy.
I love the flat low look and do not at all have any desire for a rake like your pic. I'm running the stock end links at the moment. i do have the SCP shorter one's in the tool box but have no idea how I put them on.... anyone wanna tell me. I can then let you know if it makes a difference. I'm just reworking the stereo and gonna put it all back in and then the car will be nice and flat once more. must've raised the ass end a full inch.
on a side note your front end looks very low almost like it needs some work.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine looks the same way.... i also just removed my entire stereo which was quite heavy.
I love the flat low look and do not at all have any desire for a rake like your pic. I'm running the stock end links at the moment. i do have the SCP shorter one's in the tool box but have no idea how I put them on.... anyone wanna tell me. I can then let you know if it makes a difference. I'm just reworking the stereo and gonna put it all back in and then the car will be nice and flat once more. must've raised the ass end a full inch.
on a side note your front end looks very low almost like it needs some work.
Haha, the front end is lowered 1.5 inches, I like the lowering. The entire front suspension is brand new, including the subframe, and all control arms and sway bars. :)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
What else could it be? Should I just go get a couple bags of cement?
Maybe the direction of the coil when you installed the rear springs if they face inboard they can raise the rear end higher, or one side higher than the other .. Ive seen it before.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe the direction of the coil when you installed the rear springs if they face inboard they can raise the rear end higher, or one side higher than the other .. Ive seen it before.
I had a shop install them since I dont have a spring compressor and didnt feel like Jerry rigging them...

I will check it out, if that turns out to be true than I will go down there and talk to them about it. :)

I think its the wire wheels :tongue:
Haha... :tongue:

It was worse, I had whitewalls.

It kind of looks b.tchin' now. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't know, I may have been tempted to stick with the white walls :D
After all, someone around here has to have the grandma car. :tongue: I'm just messin with ya. I know you worked hard for those wires. Its a good lookin bird.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I had a shop install them since I dont have a spring compressor and didnt feel like Jerry rigging them...

I will check it out, if that turns out to be true than I will go down there and talk to them about it. :)
He's talking about trhe very end of the coil spring wire, it should set in the lower spring bucket on the outer side towards the rear tire. Should maybe be able to jack it and maybe twist if springs were short enough? At least look and see where the end is.

No, end links don't hold the car up.

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
Poly bushings?

Joe

·
Registered
892 Posts
5 minute check. Disconnect the sway bar and find out. Not rocket science here.

Brad

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Its not the sway bars... did you have them put new spring isolators it it along with the springs? and if so, did they use Poly. When I put my Lincoln LCA in the rear of the car, I also put in poly spring isolators. And now its sitting up high in the rear as you describe. Thinking of taking out the new Poly ones and finding some used rubber ones in good shape at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
892 Posts
We were talking about sway bar end links holding up the rear. Did something change?

Brad

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
We were talking about sway bar end links holding up the rear. Did something change?

Brad
Nope, check his original post. :D Just trying to find out what he did with his spring install.

Joe
I lowered my car with the Eibach Prokit springs but the ass end still rides higher than the front, do I need shorter end links? What can I do to make it ride level?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts