TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed extensively, but my searching is turning up blank....
I have a 97 Cougar with 1.5" Eibach lowering springs. I have been running KYB mono tubes all around. The ride was great when new, but seemed to have worn out quickly.
I'm looking for some suggestions here with the 1.5" drop. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed extensively, but my searching is turning up blank....
I have a 97 Cougar with 1.5" Eibach lowering springs. I have been running KYB mono tubes all around. The ride was great when new, but seemed to have worn out quickly.
I'm looking for some suggestions here with the 1.5" drop. Thanks.
I have KYB GR-2's on my 1.5" Eibach lowered Thunerbird, combined with 1989 SC front and rear sway bars, and they seem to be holding up well.

The Tokiko Blues are very good, Bilsteins are better, I do not know if Koni makes anything that fits our front suspension, but you can only get rear Bilsteins for our cars, so people tend to mix Tokiko blues up front, Bilstein (from a 99-04 cobra) rear.

Me personally, when I need new shocks, I'm going with Tokiko blues. Good price/performance for a street driven fun car.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installing front Tokico blues on Vogtland 1.6'' . Does anybody know if I need to cut the Tokico bump stops?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts