TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea if this would work, I could be just making a fool of myself, but I wanted everyones opinion. Do yall think I could just take my springs off and cut them to lower my car. I would have to figure out the details of it like how much to cut and whatnot , but does anyone think this would work or am I just having a pipedream?

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
it works just ask JOEL lol
he and his thunderchicken LOL
i woudn't recomend it :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Because you might end up with wheels, that instead of looking like this:

l l

They could come out like this:

/ \

and that doesn't look cool.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just buy the spring dude.

H&Rs lower about 2 inches, youll need back spring insulators.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Where can you get H&R's

·
Registered
658 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yo thanks About2beBad that would really suck if that happened Ill definately go to shox.com Im glad I didnt have to learn that from experience, thats why I posted this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Personally I would not recommend a 2" drop. It's too much stress on your shocks.

I like the look, ride, and fell of the Eibach Pro Kit which lowers approx. 1.5". I have no experience with the H&R so I can't comment on their performance.

·
Registered
801 Posts
well i have my H&R's....

ready to be installed, i have a friend alex you guys can check out our website he goes by ultimatesvt, its the red svt bird, and he has the H&R's and the car rides really good and looks really good, so thats why i chose this brand.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Alright Phatbird, I did cut my springs, but my wheels did not go like / \ !! not that bad. but I wouldn't take more the 1.5 coils off the front and 1 coil from the rear on a sport spring, or 2 coils in the front and 1.25 in the rear on stock lx coils. No clue on stock v6 springs though. :p :p

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
hey now i din;t say anythin about ur wheels
it was about2beBAD guy that said it
lol
anyways ur car looks good so who cares:eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got the H&R's on my car...

I have a 96 3.8L though.....I love them!!. I didn't need the rear insulator however, because my car only had 25,000 miles on it so they weren't dry rotted or anything like that. They're stiff when you want them to be (around corners) and soft at regular driving. The 18"s with 40 series rubber is what makes my ride stiff and uncomfortable!!! But hey it looks good!

·
Registered
161 Posts
You definitely need to cut more coils for the v6 for a low ride..I should know, that's what I did...Will get the pics up when I develop the film...

Wes

But it's up to you if you wanna do it...Handling does suffer

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was running Intraxx springs for a while, there the 2 inch all the way around. But mine came out 1.5 in the front and 2-2.5 in the rear so after a while i "cut"stomized my stock spring so it would give it a cleaner, even appearance.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts