TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on lowering my bird right after the winter, i was just wondering if someone can give me a complete list of what is needed to do it correctly. I know i have to get springs and shocks/struts, but is there anything else? Also suggestions for shocks/struts, i want a little firmer ride but not a crappy bumpy ride. And anyone who has had it lowered, if you can give me a total price (parts and labor), that would be great. Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
couple extra parts. Spring insulators, rubb boot things that cgo on either end of the springs, good idea to replace them. And, rear sway bar, you'll be needing shorter endlinks. I've been contemplating thsi too, I have a set of Jamex springs (no longer ont he market) and i'm planning on Koni Sport shox, they're adjustable depending on your mood :tongue:
Spring insulators can be had from ford, and i think Addco makes the shorter endlinks. I too would like to know how to optain a set. :confused:

·
8,239 Posts
you will probably want to replace the shock mounts while you are in there too. Easy to replace when you have everything apart. Also, lots of grease on the new isolators to make sure nothing squeeks.

Throw a couple fat addco swaybars with poly endlinks on the car, and get some of Johnny Langtons suspension pieces, that will make for a mn12 bird that will outcorner most everything on the street.

Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts