TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the shop (I don't want to do springs myself) and while they will do it, they want to talk me out of lowering the car. (Eiback's & Koni's) Does anybody out there regret lowering there car?

·
Registered
107 Posts
how much is it gonna cost you? Just labor wise? I'm gettin my bird lowered and just curious what labor will run me. i cannot do the springs and crap without help.

I don't think i'd regret lowering the car.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They tell me 3-4 hundred in labor. That does include alignment btw. It'd better! I was figuring about 3 before I went in for the quote.

My shocks are shot, thats why im doing this now. Figured why not do the 'whole package'

*I know.. and am going back after to do swaybar and endlinks myself.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just might take you up on that KrAzyT...
But does anyone actualy reget lowering their car - or more importantly - regret lowering with the Eiback/Koni package? (No answers must be good!)

·
Registered
598 Posts
I only regret it when driving on the roads down here, but keep in mind we are below sea level and sinking! Other than that, I have no complaints. It makes the stance of the car look much better, removes some fender gap over the tires and improve the driving experience.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I don't regret it....but I am in need of finding a way to get my camber back in spec in the front.

Russell

·
Registered
331 Posts
My car was already lowered with Eibachs (not Koni shocks though) when I bought it and at first, it took some getting used to. I banged the frame on a lot of speed bumps and driveways until it became second nature to take speed bumps much slower than I used to. Driveways are a different story. I still scrape the frame and front bumper cover on some steep driveways. Just take it real easy until it becomes second nature.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
95greenbird said:
I banged the frame on a lot of speed bumps and driveways until it became second nature to take speed bumps much slower than I used to. Driveways are a different story. I still scrape the frame and front bumper cover on some steep driveways. Just take it real easy until it becomes second nature.
Did you have any problem with alignment? I don't ever scrape...

Russell

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would not pay $300-$400, to put lowering springs on my car! I did it my self. The Fronts were easy but the rear is kinda a pain in the A**! A shop here in Cali told me they would charge me Like $130.00 To pull my springs off cut them and reinstall them for me! But thats when I was wanting it more lower! Now I am gonna bag it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
i dont have any regrets of lowering my car...nobody makes springs that will set you low enough to tear up your underbody if you ask me

ill do your springs for $75 and no beer! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I only regret it when I go to the drive in..i can't get up on the little hills as much any more. I lowered mine with eibachs, but with stock shocks so I think that may be the reason. I plan on doing the sport fronts cobra conv rear combo soon.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
XR7 as hell said:
ill do your springs for $75 and no beer! :D
Anybody in CT want the job?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Absolutely zero regrets. I even cut 1 coil out of the fronts to lower it a little more. Like 95greenbird said, you get used to going slow over bumps and stuff pretty quickly; doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Oh, and 3-400 is crazy. Rent a spring compressor and do it yourself; it's EASY.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Well, I got used to driving with a low front end years ago. I had a 76 mustang cobra, it had a front spoiler. Thank goodness it was rubber.
When I bought my bird, it had the air dam up front. It set too close to ground and would scrap the cement blocks in a parking spot. So I took it off. When you get used to it, you won't mind it. Mine was lowered 2 in back and 2 1/2 in front.
For example, you are crossing traffic to go into a restaurant. You goose it to cross traffic, then hit the brakes so you can ease into the steep parking lot at an angle. You take all your steep places at an angle and slow.
But after a while, you get used to it. You are going to rub the bottom of the bumper, but it can take it.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
OH, by the way. Why are yall telling him to rent a spring commpressor to do his front shocks? Those things are dangerous and others in this Suspension Forums will agree, and have stated numerous times to take front shocks to a shop and let them compress them with a wall mount unit.

Now, before yall jump at me. You may have years of mechanical experience and are will to take the risk. But remember, people who are inexperienced with tools read these threads

1 - 20 of 42 Posts