TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my Super Coupe with a LSC, maybe a MK VIII if I can afford it. I'm looking at the market out there, and it seems like there is nothing but junk LSCs for sale and all sorts of SC's, many in good shape. Have I just got the wrong timing to sell the SC and also to look for a LSC?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It sounds like you're talking about LX, not LSC. As far as I know, only Mark VIIIs had the LSC version. If you're looking at a T-Bird LX, I'd recommend a '96 or '97, and If you're looking at a Mark VIII, I'd recommend a '97 or '98 - the earlier Mark VIIIs have really poor headlights, and certain parts of the engine are much harder to work on. The difference between the standard Mark VIIIs and LSC versions isn't enough to make much difference - I'd be more concerned about the condition.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,

I should have made myself more clear. I know the difference between an LX and a Lincoln MK VII LSC (one guy in the club has a beat up one for winter driving)or MK VIII LSC. I like the MK VIII LSC's looks better than the MK VII's.

I don't intend on leaving the LSC stock. It is just cheaper for me to get a LSC than it would be to upgrade my Super Coupe to the same standards.

I like the SC steering wheel over the stock LSC steering wheel. There are other things that would cost me about $10K to put into my Bird that I'd get with the LSC, that and 2 more cylinders.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
O.K. - I see you're talking about Mark VII LSC vs. Mark VIII LSC models. Again, in the newer Mark VIII you can get either the Base model or the LSC, (slightly more deluxe and more expensive), model. Besides being much newer and probably in better shape, the Mark VIIIs have independent rear suspensions, while the Mark VII models don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts