TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here run Lucas Oil in their bird???? IM thinking of switching to it, but it is 75$ a case from Jegs, Is it all hype or is it worth it????

Anyone who is or has run it , let me know thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i use 4qts mobile synthetic with 1qt of the lucas oil treatment... and i havent had any problems yet...and it stopped a faint tick the motor was making :)

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i heard is good stuff....sometimes the price is worth paying...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
weswing04 said:
i use 4qts mobile synthetic with 1qt of the lucas oil treatment... and i havent had any problems yet...and it stopped a faint tick the motor was making :)
Me to, cept I use Castrol Syntec Blend. And yes, It made the engine run quieter. In fact I stopped by a friends place who is (was) a die hard Mopar fanatic. hated Fords. Even he stood there and listened before saying, "damn, that is the quietest engine I have ever not heard!" Of course that will change when I get the duals! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I changed the tranny fluid in my 91 cougar LS I used the Lucas tranny fluid and mercon V. Actually my tranny seems to shift better than before. I think it works as good as it says it will.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have used thier tranny additive , fuel injector cleaner and power steering additive, and all have worked out great. I don't know why you would want a case of the stuff though, I just use it as an additive.

Scott

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I have a friend who swears by it, and turned me on to it, as a matter of fact.

Stuff's got my approval :thumbsup:

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't there a link months back to some oil guy? unless i read it wrong, i thought he said all oil additives, including lucas, were bad. someone here whould know.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Just my experience:

4.6 with 161K on the clock
valve seals bad, smokes terribly at idle and take-off, uses about a quart every 2 weeks depending on amount driven.:eek:

added one quart of lucas oil additive last oil change

NO more smoking
when I check the oil just after running the engine (like at gas station when filling up), ABSOLUTELY NO signs of foaming. Oil looks just as clear as the day I put it in.:D

I will continue to put it in until the engine blows.:thumbsup:

hope this helps

rob

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fellas thank you very much for your input, That little test the guy did was very intresting. Independant testing is the best. Im still on the fence a little about buying it and using it. I always have used my Valvoline 10w40 and got 256k outa the motor, and recently bumped to that new race oil they have that is 20w50, and have had no problems, maybe I will stick with what has worked for many miles, but Iam going to continue my search about Lucas products.

Thanks again guys

Chris

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
I read that page a while back. The last part demonstrating that it foams up made me a tad skeptical. The demostration does indicate that it helps the oil "climb" - but because of the foaming that followed, I've never bought any.

·
Registered
987 Posts
That test made me a little skeptical about bobtheoilguy... Why wouldn't he compare apples to apples? If you want to see the effect of putting the Lucas stuff in a certain type of oil, why wouldn't your control group be the same as the experimental group... I mean from reading his posts and info, it is clear he is very much pro schaeffer... What do his tests always show, shaeffer is the best stuff out there... When asked why he didn't add the lucas stuff to the schaeffers to compare it to the regular schaeffers he says because schaeffers costs soo much money. But if you look in the pictures of his "indepedent" test you see gallons of schaeffers laying around. Are we to believe that with all that schaeffers he couldn't spare a quart or whatever for his tests? Also I would like to know how much of the lucas stuff he put in the little test contraption thing... If you look at the levels, there is a noticeable increase in fluid level with the lucas stuff. Did he put the proper proportion in, or too much thus causing the low levels of anti-foaming agents... Anyways, I am not disagreeing with his findings, because I have no actual experience with schaeffers or lucas (although I am going to add some to my power steering), I just think his science is super faulty and wouldn't pass for conclusive results in a elementary school science fair...

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Unless you had an alterior motive...

Sam

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
slayer said:
Unless you had an alterior motive...

Sam
or an ulterior motive...
;) j/k

I also find his science flawed. I'd read some of his stuff before, but not that site. I'm not sure that I believe his work. Too many holes.

·
Registered
987 Posts
No I mean alterior :)

Sam

By the way you can call me Shakespeare.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts