TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M112 on 302
1992 thunderbird sport 5.0

I am starting this thread as I have finally decided what I am doing with my car after contemplating all my possible options and I have figured that I want to go with a supercharger!

I am starting off with a Lightning M112 that i picked up for a good price near where I live and I will be fabricating a lower intake to adapt it to the engine. I picked up a 94 mustang 302 lower for dirt cheap as a reference/starting ground.

My current idea is to machine down the runners (to make room for an WAIC and to lower the blower) and to weld a box the length of the intake runners to make it look better and to adapt the cooler. I am considering getting a different intake to do this with ad the stock wouldn't necessarily be ideal for this idea but would probably still work.
(The attached picture is somewhat of an example of what i am aiming for)
This plan will also need to reposition fuel injectors which I would put straight up (vertical to ground) near the side of the box.

I have a few questions concerning my plan
-What size injectors should I get? Im assuming this blower would probably be enough to split the block so I would like to aim for the ballpark of 450HP. Since I am on a tight budget I found some for sale near me but they are 52lb Bosch injectors for 100$CAD the set, would these work or would they be too big? (The injector hole size doesn't matter as I will need to either machine or buy bungs to weld them in)
-Fuel pump, I had installed a US MOTOR WORKS USEP2098S fuel pump housing assembly when the fuel pump had gave out, I am guessing it is a factory rating pump at 110lph, what size fuel pump would I need to upgrade to?
-What size WAIC would be good for this build?

Other concerns
-I know this will most likely stick out of the hood (hence why I am trying to shave most off the intake height as I can) but I have a spare hood that I am not scared to cowl.
-I have a spare snout from an M90 that I believe fits on the M112, it is about 2 inches longer so I will be changing them once I rebuild the blower so that I will be able to make it sit more properly on the intake.

Future plans with the car
-I am also upgrading the suspension as I am collecting parts, I will get air suspension setup.
-I am also always looking for heads and cam.
-I am also getting an electric fan soon to give me more engine bay room.

Also any other recommendations is helpful thank you!

(I am currently in college away from home and on a very limited budget but I am working and trying to acquire parts for the car while im here)
(I am aware this is not the best/cheapest/most reliable way to make power, but I like roots superchargers and this is my build)

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,876 Posts
I wonder if the lower and wider base of a dual carb setup would be a better intake to start from?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if the lower and wider base of a dual carb setup would be a better intake to start from?
I had looked into those but they seem all out of my budget (500-1000$ CAD) but that is a good idea, also looked at victor jr intakes and air gaps and do like the Pizano method The Pizano Method - SBF.Roots.FoxBody but at that point I think the idea I came up with might be a bit simpler/cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts