TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys, whatz up. I just got done putting a m90 on my 95 3.8 mustang. I got the car running but it dosn't want to keep idle without giving it gas. I think I have my vacuum lines wrong or I have a leak. I checked my IAC valve and it's fine. I don't know what to look for next. I mean it runs pritty well when it gets going. i was wondering if anyone had good vacuum diagrams, the ones I got from ford don't make any sense to me. Plus if anyone knows anyone who has done the swap so I can get in contact would be great. Any ideas would be awsome.
Thanks guys!!:D

·
Registered
2,666 Posts

:D

Ok, all joking aside, you should probably take it easy on it until you figure this out. I would talk to Lonnie @ Blue Oval Chips for a safe tune. You may want to also consider beefing up the trans. Adding a trans. cooler is also something I would put on my list. I'm not sure how long a stock AODE will live behind boost, never tried it. If all else fails here, try searching around Stangnet or the Corral for info, maybe one of the other Mustang guys has tried this before and could offer some better insight.

Jay

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
rapalush said:
Hay guys, whatz up. I just got done putting a m90 on my 95 3.8 mustang. I got the car running but it dosn't want to keep idle without giving it gas. I think I have my vacuum lines wrong or I have a leak. I checked my IAC valve and it's fine. I don't know what to look for next. I mean it runs pritty well when it gets going. i was wondering if anyone had good vacuum diagrams, the ones I got from ford don't make any sense to me. Plus if anyone knows anyone who has done the swap so I can get in contact would be great. Any ideas would be awsome.
Thanks guys!!:D
Your best bet is to go here ;)

www.v6power.net

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rapalush

Thanks I can't thinks of anything else thats the problem. two questions wil it allow my car to run better? and how much. P.S. the block is Mustang but stuffed with internal goodies!!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
First of all, give us all a list of your 'goodies' and all other mods. This will aid in helping you tremendously. Plus it keeps the skeptic remarks from being posted (I took care of them :) )

Are you using an XCal or any kind of chip? If so, who did the chip, or did someone particular give you a base tune for the XCal? If you dont have either of these tuning devices, contact Justin at VMPTuning.com To my knowledge, he has tuned the most v6 mustangs, and he is great with them. He has a 10 second v6 mustang on stock internals, so that right there tells you he is a good tuner. Check him out.

-Thomas

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Ok, having just figured this out,
I was sold an SC with a NON supercharged bottom end.
It may not happen today, it may not happen tomorrow, but it WILL destroy your motor. my SC snapped the crank right after the no 1 cylinder.
It occurred due to a SLIGHT lean condition on an otherwise STOCK motor.
don't **** with A THING and make sure you keep your vac levels in check. you can do exhaust mods, but dont touch the intake; leave it alone.

be careful, ok?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hay guys, sorry about not being too specific. As I said earlyer I ran the SC injectors, without the tune and they just made me run too rich. The list of my mods is as follows.
BBK cold air intake
BBB shorty headers
Mac Aftercat
Short Shifter
SC Heads
M90 supercharger
All pipes for supercharger
Intercooler
SC rods
Rebuilt lower end
Motor was from a Thunderbird N/A
Any Idea what the best place to take her in PA, somewhere that they specialize in our car's and swaps like ours? Anyway any idea on the Cost of a Custom Chip? Money for money would it be more worth while to get her on a dyno, ( I know that there better but I'm on a 500 dollor budget to get it tuned because I'm still in school!!! Thanks guys!!! P.S I'm still running the stock fuel pump, but I have 43 psi in it at the rails, Hope this helps, O ya the rebuilt lower end was just done OEM for cost.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the opportunity to pick up a 96 mustang convertable v6 auto for like $400. The engine is shot. Would a super coupe 3.8 swap be feasable and cost effective? I saw this post and it got me to thinking haha!

I love the sn95 platform though, awesome cars.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
SC motor

I have a complete SC motor out of a 90 Super Coupe available. I also have the wiring and EEC. If your interested E-mail [email protected] and I can get you more details. Not sure where your located, but this would have to be picked up in Clinton Corners New York 12514.

Randall

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still Not Right??? WTH????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hay guys, I hate to keep bothering you, If you remember I did an m90 swap on my 95 3.8. Everything is together. I am running bigger injectors with a tune from justin at VMP. The car will start and run but it dosn't want to keep Idle WTF???? I don't think that I have the vaccum lines right can you guys tell or better yet show me where they should go with this swap??? Anyother imput on the current situation would be awsome!!! Thanks again Sorry about not getting back to you guy's, and thanks but I don't know if a hole new motor is what I will go with right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.