TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a M90 supercharger the proper size for a 32 valve 4.6?

The reason I am asking is there is a 93 Mark 8 with one, asking price, $29,900.

Racingjunk.com

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

I'm just wondering.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Geno's been trying to sell that thing for years! In short, no, the M90 is too small for that motor. It will work, but it is not ideal. Also I wouldn't buy that car with the intention of driving it. Between multiple ECM's, 2 MAF's, 16 injectors, and all the custom stuff done almost 25 years ago, I wouldn't expect it to be too reliable, and for that money; you could build a faster and more reliable MarkVIII.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
You do have to give that car credit for being one of the most famous FN10/MN12 cars out there. The only other big name cars on our platforms I can think of would be the 1998 SVT Bird and the AWD supercoupe car. And this is the only car that is living and driving. I think it cool that it is still around.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
You do have to give that car credit for being one of the most famous FN10/MN12 cars out there. The only other big name cars on our platforms I can think of would be the 1998 SVT Bird and the AWD Supercoupe car. And this is the only car that is living and driving. I think it cool that it is still around.
Wow, that generous praise for that car ... Personally, of the FN10's and MN12's still living and running I think the Silver Slut and Driller's FN10's (He has two that both kick ass) are more famous.

Of the Cougars, I've got to give props - in no particular order - to Ian (Black Cat), Rick (r429460) and Steve (1MTNCAT) for their cars.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I think he meant it is one of only a few examples of a specialty/prototype version of our platform actually built/endorsed/funded by Ford. He is correct that this car is a piece of MN12/FN10 history, and I do give it credit for that, and if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I might buy it, but if I were going to spend $30K on an MN12, I could buy or build something much nicer and/or faster. For that money, I'd rather have that supercharged 6-speed red collectors edition Mark that was recently posted, or a short wheelbase SC, or Neibert's black 347 turbo car that he recently sold.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Ah, I wasn't aware that the OP car was an example of "a specialty/prototype version of our platform actually built/endorsed/funded by Ford."

That build description reads like a maintenance nightmare!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
MadMikey had me right. I didn't mean to put down any of the great cars that have been built over the years. I was just appreciating a car that was built in the early days of our platform that really pushed the limits of technology and brought great attention to the cars that we appreciate.

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
Wow, that generous praise for that car ... Personally, of the FN10's and MN12's still living and running I think the Silver Slut and Driller's FN10's (He has two that both kick ass) are more famous.

Of the Cougars, I've got to give props - in no particular order - to Ian (Black Cat), Rick (r429460) and Steve (1MTNCAT) for their cars.
Really, Ian's? Pfft

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
LOL ... I said that just to mess with you ... it worked! :tongue:

·
Registered
742 Posts
That said, that car belongs in a museum.
Agreed. That's kind of the hilarious thing with most of the Barrett-Jackson cars as well (the ones that are going for insane money), they're not really usable cars any longer due to their replacement cost, and a lot of these cars are getting incredibly-detailed and waaaay-overdone restorations which preclude that they stay parked in a climate-controlled warehouse or garage.

This Lincoln is exactly the same thing, in that it really needs to be parked in a museum somewhere, it's pretty much useless as a usable car, or even a casual weekend cruiser.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I found the mark. I wish they added more pictures.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I found the mark. I wish they added more pictures.
I little looking on Google will get you a few more pictures. There were always a couple pics of that car that float around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts