TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could swear I've seen a place that will take your Eaton M90 and upgrade it to M112 specs. I've done searches here and at SCCoA and can't seem to com up with it again.... Anyone know what I'm talking about?
 

·
Boom.
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
ZZ Performance was the company that did it, I believe it was the GTP guys primarily that were doing it. I saw one SC at SCCoA with an M112. The article at ZZP's website that Kris Danner posted here awhile back is now 404 Not Found.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rude said:
ZZ Performance used to do it.

:(
Rudy
I couldn't find anything on their web page so I suspected that was the case. Don't have to drop $0.35 to find out now. ;) Likely not cost effective anyway considering what the Cobra guys are dumping the stock M112s for...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
A properly ported M112 + pullies + fuel system upgrade + less restrictive intake +exhaust + good tune yields 500 rwhp for Cobras. That is my goal next year. 03/04 Cobras are capable of more but, come on. Isn't 500 enough? Granted the blower is getting the heck spun out of it and the Eaton truely becomes a Heaton. Still, 500 is enough for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
doodaa said:
Likely not cost effective anyway considering what the Cobra guys are dumping the stock M112s for...
If you think that's not cost effective. Wait until you try to figure out how to mount an M-112 to a 4.6L SOHC. If you want one that bad, you'd probably be best to look at a complete Saleen set up instead of trying to rig up your own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Dustin said:
A properly ported M112 + pullies + fuel system upgrade + less restrictive intake +exhaust + good tune yields 500 rwhp for Cobras. That is my goal next year. 03/04 Cobras are capable of more but, come on. Isn't 500 enough? Granted the blower is getting the heck spun out of it and the Eaton truely becomes a Heaton. Still, 500 is enough for me.
I'm with you. I have a couple of friends with Cobras who ditched the M112 for the KB blower. I'm like "what the hell!".....If your deal is competition on the track okay then, but 500rwhp is enough on the street. Hopefully AED will come back with renewed vigor and sink some money into new kits like an M-112 for the SOHC motors or an affordable Whipple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
You don't know how close I was to buying the AED Race Blower for my T-bird. It was a Tuner kit for $3500. Made to compete with Saleen's overpriced twin screw. Man, that thing really could have been a goldmine for AED.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mod Motor Cat said:
If you think that's not cost effective. Wait until you try to figure out how to mount an M-112 to a 4.6L SOHC. If you want one that bad, you'd probably be best to look at a complete Saleen set up instead of trying to rig up your own.

Who said I was mounting it to a SOHC? :)
 

·
Dim Bulb
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
Mod Motor Cat said:
You think a 3.8L is enough engine to justify the use of an M112? I don't! :D
That's why you build the engine up. Rag on 3.8s all you want, but a 6-cyl still has potential
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
That's why you build the engine up. Rag on 3.8s all you want, but a 6-cyl still has potential
Not ragging on 3.8L's at all. At what point did I imply that? It's all about volumetric efficiency. You don't see giant turbo's on 4-cyl civics, or a T-trim on a 4.0L Ranger. You've got to work with what's best for the combination and displacement of the engine. Smaller engines need the properly sized power adder just as badly as bigger engines. Bigger is not always better!
 

·
Dim Bulb
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
Mod Motor Cat said:
Not ragging on 3.8L's at all. At what point did I imply that? It's all about volumetric efficiency. You don't see giant turbo's on 4-cyl civics, or a T-trim on a 4.0L Ranger. You've got to work with what's best for the combination and displacement of the engine. Smaller engines need the properly sized power adder just as badly as bigger engines. Bigger is not always better!
:thumbsup: well said. That and 500 rwhp outta a 6 is a lot more impressive than an 8 :D Oh yes, it will be mine
 

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
Mod Motor Cat said:
You think a 3.8L is enough engine to justify the use of an M112? I don't! :D
This guy does :D



It's the prototype for his custom lower intake, I couldn't find any pics, but he's got a much more nice looking plexiglass prototype now with a Litning water/air intercooler underneath it.
 

·
Dim Bulb
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
:beek:

"woah"

- the Matrix
 

·
Chief of Warranty Police
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Thomas said:
This guy does :D

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/357/cobra_custom_intake_003.jpg

It's the prototype for his custom lower intake, I couldn't find any pics, but he's got a much more nice looking plexiglass prototype now with a Litning water/air intercooler underneath it.
Where'd you find that? I'm very interested in this custom intake.... it's actually an idea I've been toying around with for a while.
 

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
LiquidCougar said:
Where'd you find that? I'm very interested in this custom intake.... it's actually an idea I've been toying around with for a while.
You must not frequent the mustang v6 boards. A lot of guys there are very inventive :) Jamie has been working on that intake for about a year now, so it's not like it's new news or anything. Jamie (V6Sprout) hangs out at v6power.net You should too ;)

i was set on winning an m112 on ebay that went for 70 bucks, but I thought about it for the last 8 hours of the auction and decided I already have too many projects to get done without worrying about adapting an m112 to the v6, so I let the other bidder win by a dollar :rolleyes:

-Thomas
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top