TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MAC CIA kit from a mustang, is there anyway to modify it to fir my birdy?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
not sure if you could mod it but they make a kit for the tbird, just sell your mustang cai on corral.net or something and buy the tbird kit.

Frank

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tryed installing just the upper part with my stock maf and it didnt work? can i get pics of tbird MAC

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Bmac has the T-Bird one on his 97:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as I see in the picture there are two tubes that are suppose to attach to the upper elbow.. I only see the one that goes to the upper intake, where did the other one go? when I receieved this kit the one that isnt shown in your picture was blocked. Could this be a reason why I have high low then die when I try to start the car?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You would need the adapter to make it work with the 96-98 Mac mustang CAI, but if you got the Mac CAI for the 99+ mustangs it should have the flange to bolt the MAF to. You still run into the problem of fitting the stang CAI to the tbird.

From what I have seen the tbird and 96-98 mustang CAI are identical except the tbird one has a slight bend in it to clear the shock tower. So if you get the clearance there, it should work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts