TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has installed one on a 96 or 97 4.6L? Any helpful tips or hints? Thinking of getting one, but I keep hearing the Stang bangers saying things about them needing to be turned 90 degrees and such, but haven't gotten any true details on the installation and operation of them yet. Thought I would ask around here.

Thanks for your time,

Todd

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
there just shinny, makes your car look fast, just shoot for a 99+ GT Tube

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem with the 99 tube is that it requires the bolt on MAF and I dont want to upgrade the MAF just yet, because I dont want the tune just yet.

I believe there is a MAF that will work that has the same specs as ours, but I dont know of the part number.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
he's not talking about the box, he's talking about the intake tube.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If you buy the specific MAC intake for the thunderbird. It works and installs with no worries. I had it on my car when it was N/A. You can get an adapter later on as well that lets you continue to use the intake with a bolt on MAF. Chris

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i was talking about the intake tube, why dont you just keep your stock one and save for a chip so you can upgrade to the bigger maf and then in turn have the bigger intake tube?

macs install fine, they look cool and dont sound half bad at all, but they dont actaully add power to your engine, and im not sure about this but id think a metal intake would rob power b/c it would increase intake temps, but its your money, and it does look good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts