TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the guys at mustang unlimited a coulpe of days ago and they said that the MAC mustang long tube headers will work on our cars.........is this a bunch of BS? or will they actually work? Thanx in advance
Daniel

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont know the answer, but I do know that on the lincon mark8 board they talk about a guy who modifies a set of BBK?or Mac's for a cobra to fit the FN10 cars. I would call the manufactuer and ask them. Is it worth the cost of the headers, and the labor to modifie them when you can buy a set of Kooks ready to go? probaly not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If that was true then every 4.6 mn12er wouldn't be going nuts over Kooks releasing their mid-lengths.

In other words, it's BS. They wont fit.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The 5.0 headers will fit 88 and older cars, but there is no way they will clear the steering in the 4.6 Bird without extensive modifications. The FN10 guys are paying about a grand to get the headers and have them modified to fit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've done this first hand, and it is not worth it IMHO. I spent around 900 with me helping a local race shop get it done. The passenger side fit, very tight, but fit. My car is lowered and I could tell the collector was definitely going to scrape.

Used headers 200
Jet hot 215
labor 480

We modified the last three tubes on the drivers side and after doing all of this the headers were still just to low for my taste. The Kooks were not even thought of when I did this. I now have the kooks and I do plan to dyno test them when my new motor goes in this month (hopefully, I've been saying that for 2 months).

Mid lengths have shown good dyno gains on 4v and 2v mod motors, and the torque really maintains itself down low.

As far as Mustangs unlimited goes, ask them if they'll double your money if they don't fit!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts