TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've came across a good price on a set of MAC underdrive pulleys. My question is, has anyone else had any experience with MAC pulleys, and would recommend them?

My other question is how do the piggyback pulleys compare to the Steeda which have the balancer in them?

Am I going to be out of luck if I ever have to adjust timing, or will I still be able to see the marks through the new pulley?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
chocolatekoolade said:
I've came across a good price on a set of MAC underdrive pulleys. My question is, has anyone else had any experience with MAC pulleys, and would recommend them?

My other question is how do the piggyback pulleys compare to the Steeda which have the balancer in them?

Am I going to be out of luck if I ever have to adjust timing, or will I still be able to see the marks through the new pulley?
I run the Steedas and would highly recommend them, try and get a non-piggy back style if possible. They are better. But generally run more money.

Don't think your underdrive pulleys will effect your timing, your replacing you water pump, alternator pulley and crank pulley. Not going anywhere close to your timing chains...

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
chocolatekoolade said:

I currently use the MAC u/d pulleys. They were fairly cheap, easy to install (if you have the right tools) and of the piggyback design. I personally don't see the benefit in spending more for the Steeda's that have the crank pulley and damper - the piggyback method accomplishes the same end, it just looks a little funny.

Also - you must be thinking about adjusting timing on a 5.0L engine, because the 4.6 timing cannot be adjusted via crank pulley and distributor. The only way the timing can be changed is via the EEC or a timing adjuster (which does have the timing marks on it.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts