TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I am wrong. The trans that came out of the '04 Mach 1 (autos) are 4r75w, correct? Would it be a direct fit to our cars? Any difference between the mac 1 and gt?!

Found a good deal on a mach 1 trans. 38k miles for $500...

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong. The trans that came out of the '04 Mach 1 (autos) are 4r75w, correct? Would it be a direct fit to our cars? Any difference between the mac 1 and gt?!

Found a good deal on a mach 1 trans. 38k miles for $500...
Alan can make it work for you, but no, it's not a direct swap.

The easy thing is the tailshaft doesn't have a gear on it for the vss; there are other reasons, iirc.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
It will work but must be completely dismantled. The oss count is also wrong which must either be changed or tuned for it.
Alan

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will work but must be completely dismantled. The oss count is also wrong which must either be changed or tuned for it.
Alan
So it would be easier to just get an GT trans then... I still need to send you my old 95 harness Alan. As you can see, still haven't found a trans. You have any trans available???

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I will check my cores and see which is best for you I know I have several 01/02 gt transmsisions that need gone through.
Alan

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. Let me know!!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I have about 6 of the 99-02 mustang transmissions. Figure building them with stage 1 forwards stacked to 6 or with the 5.4 wave plate either way you prefer, Standard late model intermediate stack, 3 or 4 plate reverse, and a 7 plate direct. Full modified valvebody and a hardened sun gear. Also will use a spiral retainer or weld the snap ring on the mechanical diode, high carbon overdrive band, sonnax overdrive servo pin and pressure regulator valve on a fully modified valvebody with the late deep pan that comes on these cores, the cost will be $1300 before tccoa member discount. From there you need a converter and freight. I have a 4r75 but they are nearly twice the price.
Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts